Sign in to follow this  
kayslover

SAS Home Screen and Definition updates.

Version 6.0.1130 is installed on my PC. The PC is running XP, SP3.

I have read thread headed SAS Home screen under the general questions in the forum but I keep experiencing the following problems:-

1. Every time Windows starts up the SAS Home Screen pops up.  It didn't do this before the recent update.  I want SAS to start up with Windows, but I don't want the Home Screen to pop up every start-up.  And yes, the "Show splash screen at start-up" option is unchecked.

I also note that when the Home Screen pops ups, there is no SAS program showing in the system tray.

2. I have set the definition updates to update every 1 hour.

However, when it is time to update, I get the screen that shows the updates. Currently, Under Preference, I have unchecked the box against Run Super Anti Spyware in the background. When the option is ticked, it doesn’t make a difference, I still see the update screen.

I have two users on the PC, and I am only experiencing the above problems with the User that installed the program on the PC, the other user has no issues and the program is working as required. Please note during installation it was installed for all users on the PC.

The attached files shows the preferences I have set up.

Any ideas would be appreciated as it is driving me nuts

Preference.doc