rawhunger

SAS Home Screen

Every time Windows starts up the SAS Home Screen pops up.  It didn't do this before the recent update.  I wnat SAS to start up with Windows, but I don't want the Home Screen to pop up every startup.  And yes, the "Show splash screen at startup" option is unchecked.  Any ideas?

Hi,

It's not normal behavior for the window to open at startup unless you've disabled the option to run SAS in the background. Running in the background allows the window to be hidden. Maybe that option was disabled on accident?

Here's my other thoughts..

When SAS is configured to run in the background, the first time it gets executed (usually at startup), the window will be hidden. After that, if it is executed again, it will actually just show the hidden window (rather than have two copies running).  There's a possibility that at some point a shortcut to SAS was added to you start menu's "startup" items? That could cause SAS to get double-launched, thus showing the window.

You may also want to check if startup scanning is enabled, that can be configured to show the window during the scan. I'd check your scheduled scan and automatic update configuration too..If a scheduled update or scan was configured to occur while your computer was off, SAS will start the scan/update the next time you start your PC if that option is enabled.

Hi again, Dave:

There is no shortcut for SAS in my Start Menu's Startup folder.  Startup scanning is not enabled.  Now, I do miss scheduled automatic updates, and the option to check for updates if the schedule was missed is checked (WAS checked... I just disabled it).  But even when I don't miss a scan, the Home Screen STILL launches when Windows starts up.  Do you think I should re-install SAS?

You may want to give reinstalling a try.  It may also be related so some quirks that some users were experiencing with scheduled tasks.

Here's a link to a newer build that you may want to use to reinstall:

http://cdn.superantispyware.com/SASPRO/SUPERAntiSpywarePro.exe

This will be going out on the update servers before too long if you'd rather wait.

Every time Windows starts up the SAS Home Screen pops up.  It didn't do this before the recent update.  I want SAS to start up with Windows, but I don't want the Home Screen to pop up every startup.  And yes, the "Show splash screen at startup" option is unchecked.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it keeps on doing the same. I have 2 users on the PC, it is only doing the above for the user that installed the software, the other user does not get the Home Screen when they logon.

I have read this thread and tried all the recommendations.

I am running XP, SP3.

Any ideas?