Twistednerve84

SAS downloads the same def. updates.

I just installed version 6 of SAS free and since then it seems to keep downloading the same database definition updates everyday.  Sometimes it will say that the definitions are up to date and other times it will download the same database version that it already has days before.  The database version is 11436, dated 8-13-2014.  Why doesn't SAS notice that it's downloading the same thing over and over again?  Are there new definitions that I'm unable to download for some reason?  Is it possible to get these definitions after this problem has been resolved?  Please help.

-T. Nerve84

Hi, current database is 11440. Our database downloads as a complete set, so if you miss one, you'll get updated completely next time you download. As for your database not updating correctly, we use a hosting service to serve our update downloads, which has dozens of servers across the world. It's possible one of the servers closest to you isn't updating correctly. Can you ping cdn.superantispyware.com and tell me the IP address?

Hi, current database is 11440. Our database downloads as a complete set, so if you miss one, you'll get updated completely next time you download. As for your database not updating correctly, we use a hosting service to serve our update downloads, which has dozens of servers across the world. It's possible one of the servers closest to you isn't updating correctly. Can you ping cdn.superantispyware.com and tell me the IP address?

Hi

My database is now 11441 cannot get any info regarding new updates keeps showing the database

for 11436 dated 13/08/14 never used to be like this what's going on.

Yeah, I just realized what is happening this morning.  It is a display error that is originating on our website (the database info is a webpage).  We'll get to the bottom of it on Monday.

The database is being updated and distributed correctly though.

Can you ping cdn.superantispyware.com and tell me the IP address?

Sorry, I don't know how to do that.  I just tried to update again and the database version is 11441 but it's the same definitions as before.  Well, like you said hopefully this will be resolved on Mon.  Thanks so much for your quick response.

-T. Nerve84