Darith

SUPERAntiSpyware running at 50% cpu

Yes the heading says it all. Not sure if this is normal but my super was running at 50% cpu usage ?! had to shut it down, is this normal? Vista, Sony vaio laptop 2gb Ram. I'm also running avast, zone alarm plus MalwareBtytes till some days ago.

No, there's no reason it should be using high CPU unless it's scanning. Does it use high CPU when you run it every time or just the once?

No, there's no reason it should be using high CPU unless it's scanning. Does it use high CPU when you run it every time or just the once?

No i wasn't scanning, do i need to reinstall?

You shouldn't need to reinstall.  I was just wondering if the high CPU happens every time to launch SAS or if it was an isolated incident?

Hello,

I have the same issue with version 6.0.1146 running on Windows 7: after windows starts, SuperAntiSpyware is using 50% while it is NOT scanning.

The only solution I found is to kill it...

How can we troubleshoot this to solve that issue?

Weird, because my SAS Free never use more than 50% if it not scanning, also can you make sure that there is no other program or software running in the background that using amount of huge CPU usage?

@MyLongTastyPickle: that's exactly the SAS free exe process which was using 50% cpu, no other one.

The good news now:

following my post here, the SAS dev team provided me a patched version for testing and the result was a SUCCESS!!!

A public fix will be out quite soon

Congrats to the SAS team!