Buddahfan

Nightly Program Updates to V6.0. Have We Returned To 6.0 Alpha?

In all the years I have been using Windows 3rd party apps, the only apps I am familiar with that have nightly updates are Alpha versions of a new release.  Since SAS 6.0 is now updating nightly have we returned to 6.0 Alpha?   Just curious.

I know a new version every couple days may seem like things are unstable, but it's honestly just been adding a few lines of logging code for most of these builds; this is partly why the change log isn't being updated (nothing has changed).  The minor build number (6.0.xxxx) has to get incremented so if a bug report does come in, we can sync it up with the appropriate code.  

We've been working with users on issues we couldn't reproduce internally (and were rare) for the last week or so.  This was to ensure everything is working perfectly before the in-product update servers are activated.  I'd guess those update servers will be online early next week and things will settle into a less frequent update schedule.

I know a new version every couple days may seem like things are unstable, but it's honestly just been adding a few lines of logging code for most of these builds; this is partly why the change log isn't being updated (nothing has changed).  The minor build number (6.0.xxxx) has to get incremented so if a bug report does come in, we can sync it up with the appropriate code.  

We've been working with users on issues we couldn't reproduce internally (and were rare) for the last week or so.  This was to ensure everything is working perfectly before the in-product update servers are activated.  I'd guess those update servers will be online early next week and things will settle into a less frequent update schedule.

I was just joking :-P