Ultra Male

SUPERAntiSpyware Pro / Free Diff. Download links now on MajorGeeks

Just emailed them a new link, I check 5 times a day on the SAS website and the moment I see a new version I send them the link so please convert me into a SAS staff member :)

One question.

Why would I want to download SAS through a third party rather than directly from the SAS website?

First of all, Major Geeks always provides a link to the Author's Site, in this case, you would see while downloading that it's actually downloading from the SAS server

Secondly, I don't know about you but I cannot simply keep track of all the software updates by visiting each software vendor's site individually so people usually tend to go to the popular software download sites such as Major Geeks or Soft Pedia or File Hippo, etc.

Now with that said, Major Geeks is the best of them all since it posts download links from the author site (the software vendor) plus it uploads the same file to their own 2 servers as a mirror

I check MajorGeeks daily to see what software updates then I download the ones that are relevant to me.

and to answer your question , no you don't need to get it from Major Geeks if you can check various sites daily for software updates then enjoy

First of all, Major Geeks always provides a link to the Author's Site, in this case, you would see while downloading that it's actually downloading from the SAS server

Secondly, I don't know about you but I cannot simply keep track of all the software updates by visiting each software vendor's site individually so people usually tend to go to the popular software download sites such as Major Geeks or Soft Pedia or File Hippo, etc.

Now with that said, Major Geeks is the best of them all since it posts download links from the author site (the software vendor) plus it uploads the same file to their own 2 servers as a mirror

I check MajorGeeks daily to see what software updates then I download the ones that are relevant to me.

and to answer your question , no you don't need to get it from Major Geeks if you can check various sites daily for software updates then enjoy

Agree, however

1.  From time to time they have the wrong version.   Sometimes the file version number doesn't match what they say on their website.  Sometimes they match but it is not the latest update.

2.  With some software they keep posting the same app and file version number on more than one day. 

3.   Sometimes the not too popular software posted there has contained malware but more often than malware PUPs

I use the website daily but I have found through experience you just can't click and run.    I use Firefox and have it set up so that it asks me before all downloads whether I want to save the file, where I want to save it or if I just want to download and install.  I never choose the latter.   The point is while MajorGeeks is a very good website to download updates from one should not just blindly download and install.  It is best to to save the file first and verify that the version number is in fact an update to what you have on your computer.   Also, if the software is not a mainstream one or even it is it is best to scan it for malware and PUPs.   A number of months ago the link for the monthly Flash update had been compromised and was being redirected to a phishing website.   So again one should be careful when downloading from MajorGeeks or any website for that matter and not just blindly click through.

Agree, however

1.  From time to time they have the wrong version.   Sometimes the file version number doesn't match what they say on their website.  Sometimes they match but it is not the latest update.

2.  With some software they keep posting the same app and file version number on more than one day. 

3.   Sometimes the not too popular software posted there has contained malware but more often than malware PUPs

I use the website daily but I have found through experience you just can't click and run.    I use Firefox and have it set up so that it asks me before all downloads whether I want to save the file, where I want to save it or if I just want to download and install.  I never choose the latter.   The point is while MajorGeeks is a very good website to download updates from one should not just blindly download and install.  It is best to to save the file first and verify that the version number is in fact an update to what you have on your computer.   Also, if the software is not a mainstream one or even it is it is best to scan it for malware and PUPs.   A number of months ago the link for the monthly Flash update had been compromised and was being redirected to a phishing website.   So again one should be careful when downloading from MajorGeeks or any website for that matter and not just blindly click through.

My feelings entirely.

I use MajorGeeks regularly to see what new software versions have been released but if I see anything that interests me I'll always go to the homepage of that software.

I also don't like the fact that they see fit to provide downloads of stuff like IOBit software which is well known for containing PUPs.

Still it's safer than downloading from CNET.

End of rant.