SAS Free Edition 6.0.1090

Just now I uninstalled SAS Free Edition 5.7.1018 via add/remove and installed the new version of SAS Free Edition. I was playing around with the system investigator and I keep on getting this (see screenshot it says SAS not responding... it always freezes)! Please help!

post-25269-0-73160700-1406679957_thumb.jpg

Hi, thanks for reporting this error.  I can't say for sure what would be causing this though; clicking "Done" simply goes back to the main screen.  What happens if you click "Cancel" instead?

Good afternoon Dave! At first I thought I may have done something wrong. I simply uninstalled the previous version of SAS 5.7 via add/remove and without restarting my laptop I went on ahead to install SAS 6.0. So I again uninstalled SAS Free 6.0 via add/remove restarted my laptop and ran the SAS Uninstall Utilityx64 via the SAS website. I ran this tool both in normal mode and in safe mode. Finally I installed SAS Free 6.0 and went on to play around with the System Investigator same thing happens as before. I click "Cancel" nothing happens I have to click the "x" mark and force windows to close SAS 6.0

So I thought it may be a "bug" or an "error" inside this program or maybe I am doing something wrong!

Your welcome for reporting it.

Dave! One another thing. I know that my laptop is malware clean. I just went on to play around with SAS 6.0 and I simply just wanted to submit a diagnostic report to SAS team. I started it 10 minutes ago and still now it is still analysing my system. Pretty sure this is an error or a bug.

Previous version of SAS that I had of SAS 5.7 it takes only between 5-10minutes to do this task. Now the new version is taking even longer than that. Can you please look into this thing. Thanks.

This might be normal; the manual diagnostic in the new version is more comprehensive than it was previously.  Are you seeing activity or is it stuck?

Only activity that I am seeing is only it's analysing the system and analysing files more than once and it keeps going on and on but it doesn't get stuck. About the system investigator you are fixing this up.

By the way, I have another disappointment to report to you. It is about my Windows 7 SP1 desktop. It also had SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition installed 5.7. I then uninstalled it via add/remove and then restarted and then went in the process of installing version 6. The installation went as normal but when I click "Finish" after it said that it got installed. After that there should be a pop up dialog box saying about the SAS Pro trail and we have the option to decline the offer or activate it. Well that pop up dialog box didn't appear nor the SAS Free 6.0 icon at the bottom right hand corner nor the start-up dialog box for SAS Free. Only the desktop shortcut appears in the desktop menu. When I double click the desktop shortcut for SAS Free 6.0 nothing happens meaning it doesn't open. SAS Free doesn't respond at all after I click "Finish" when it says that SAS Free got installed.

I then again uninstalled SAS Free 6.0 via add/remove, restarted the desktop, ran the Superantispyware uninstall utility both in normal mode and in safe mode, and then went on to install SAS Free 6.0 and the same thing happens as before.

This should be definitely a bug in this program for Windows 7 SP1 desktop!!!! Please fix this immediately!!! Thanks.

Occasionally uninstalling/reinstalling will require a reboot if one of the system files was in use. Could you see if rebooting resolves the problem for you?

Yeap I did reboot after installing SAS 6.0 for the second time and nothing happens! Shall I try it again?

Confirmation of freezing when selecting Done during System Investigator on SAS 6.0.1090 Pro. No activity seen just hanging for ages.

I think I've narrowed down the "done" freeze.  I'm anticipating a new build will get pushed out later today.

6.0.1094 is up for download.  It will correct the slow diagnostic & frozen UI on the System Investigator.

Thanks again for spotting that; it was a strange one, it had more to do with a website change we made, but it highlighted the issue so we were able to put in code to prevent it from happening again.

Dave. I uninstalled SAS 6.0 restarted the computer, used the uninstall utility both in normal and in safe mode. I then went on to download SAS 5.7.1026. It worked as expected and also I did a manual system reboot. I didn't take the risk again to install version 6. I will just wait for its updater to inform me when the update servers are ready for SAS 6.0. When will the update servers be ready for 6.0?

@GuiltySpark: Can u also install SAS FREE 6.0 in a windows 7 sp1 desktop and see if u face the same issue as I am (my fourth comment second paragraph).

P.S.: Installing SAS 6.0 FREE in my laptop which I am  writing this post worked perfect

Superantispyware website shows the version is still 6.0.1090

That's strange; I'm seeing the current version listed on my home PC (6.0.1100).  Is the 1090 version listed somewhere besides the home page?

Well it says 6.0.110, but when I download that file and after the download I right click the file and click on details and the file version says the same version that I have on my laptop as 6.0.0.1090. You mentioned that version 6.0.1094 is up for download. I always download it from superantispyware website. By the way, can you please look at my 5th post. Thanks. Please advice what should I do?

post-25269-0-87398600-1406780796_thumb.jpg

Your browser might have the download cached; you may need to clear you cache or reboot; it happens to me all the time.. I did verify that the download is 6.0.1100 (there was another build later in the day).

I haven't heard any other reports of an install error like you describe, and wasn't able to reproduce it. I'd be interested to know if the latest build has the same problem, if so I'll keep trying.

In my desktop (Windows 7 SP1) here's what I did I cleared the download cahce and cleared up the history of firefox browser and rebooted. Uninstalled SAS Free 5.7 and rebooted. Went to superantispyware website and downloaded the file and installed it and again same problem happened as I mentioned before. I then again rebooted as thing no change. I think there's a problem with your software!!! I didn't use the superantispyware uninstall utility as I am 100% it will take into no effect. Also the version number of SAS 6.0 that I downloaded is 6.0.1090. I can reproduce this but don't know why you can't?

So I had to reinstall the old version of SAS Free 5.7 and it's installs fine. By the way, when will the update server of SAS Free 5.7 get the 6.0 version?

My laptop SAS 6.0.1090 is working fine.

@GuiltySpark: Can u also install SAS FREE 6.0 in a windows 7 sp1 desktop and see if u face the same issue as I am (my fourth comment second paragraph).

Sorry bigfan_24, but I don't have any desktops to test it on, primarily laptops here.

@Dave continuing from my last message the one above GuiltySpark. I have few questions to ask you?

1) Both for my laptop and my desktop. I cleaned up my cache and history files and used CCleaner to remove history files for both the browsers in my desktop computer and my laptop and restarted both of them. Uninstalled SAS Free 5.7 from my desktop computer didn't use the SAS uninstall utility and restarted my desktop again. I then went on to install a fresh copy of SAS Free via SAS website. Like you said the file version is 6.0.1100, but when I want to install it the desktop computer does install it but it won't open up SAS Free 6.0. I had to uninstall it again and restart it and had to install 5.7 again which works perfectly? Any bright ideas or things that you can think of that causing it, because I am out of ideas at the moment.

FYI: My desktop computer is protected by AVG Antivirus Free Edition 2014 (up-to-date)

P.S.: Any diagnostics tool that you can think of that I can run in my desktop computer to see what is causing to not run SAS 6.0 but only can install it?

FYI: In the forum post for Free edition 6.0.1090 UI one of your comment you mentioned that SAS 6.0.1096 (the new current download) is available for download. I can't seem to get that version I am on 6.0.1090 (in my laptop) even after cleaning up browser cache, browser history, and using CCleaner to clean up browser history and cache and also restarting my desktop and laptop. Like I said before I always download SAS Free from Superantispyware website.

2) For my laptop which SAS 6.0 installs and runs perfectly fine. SAS website says file version is 6.0.1100 but when I install it the SAS Free program version says 6.0.1090. I am confused of what you are mentioning about SAS 6.0.1094? I cleaned up my internet cache and cleaned up my browser history and used CCleaner to remove browser history and cache and restarted my laptop. Ran SAS uninstall utility both in normal mode and in safe mode. Went to SAS website downloaded that file and install it again. After installation SAS program version says 6.0.1090 not 6.0.1094? By the way, the system investigator of SAS Free 6.0.1090 works fine now, even though I reported an hang/freeze "Done" button about this and GuiltySpark confirmed it and you even confirmed it and you said that a fix will be issued and 6.0.1094 is released.

FYI: My laptop is protected by Avast Antivirus Free Edition 2014.9.0.2021 (up-to-date).

3) As for SAS Free 5.7 do you know when it's update server will push out 6.0?

Please can you do further investigation about SAS Free 6.0 not wanting to run on desktop computer though it gets installed?

Thanks.

The various builds (1094, 1096) were probably the current version when I had posted the earlier responses, but have subsequently been replaced by newer builds (1102 is the current download as of this post).

I'm not sure why you'd not be able to get the most up-to-date installer.  Are using the download button on the home page?  Here's a direct link:

http://cdn.superantispyware.com/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

Maybe this will work for you?

Some things to try with the Install issue on your Desktop:

After you install SUPERAntiSpyware 6 onto your desktop, go to the install folder (C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware is the default), does it look like all the files are there?  

Right-click on SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and select "properties" then click on the Details tab.  Is the version correct?

If you double-click directly on SUPERAntiSpyware.exe, does it launch?  If not, open up Task Manager, Is SUPERAntiSpyware.exe running, but the window isn't showing up?

If that's the case, It's possible there's a firewall issue and the program is hung trying to contact the server.  We observed a "slow" startup if there is no Internet connection on a machine, but it was however long the computer took to "give up"... some firewalls will hold a connection open forever, essentially freezing a program on purpose.

Hi Dave! The link that you provided I did download it from there and the install folder path that you provided the version says 1090 on my laptop SAS Free and yes I do download it from the home page of SuperAntiSpyware. Am I missing something here?

As for my desktop computer I will uninstall SAS 5.7 Free use it's uninstall utility and open up my firewall and see if there's anything on there for SAS. I will let you know soon if I find anything.