GuiltySpark

SAS UI Design

I'm interested to hear from those of you who have changed the colour scheme of your SAS UI, did/do you prefer the default one or have you changed it to suit yourself?

To get things rolling here's a pic of my colour scheme;

How do you do that GuiltySpark ?

I can only find options in Window Colours for SAS Default or High Contrast Black.

Hi Doogie,

Bear/Bare with me as I'm currently on Linux so this is out of memory...

When you're confronted with a list of the various colours (forget the dropdown as those are presets) you highlight one that you want (working out which colour tab does what part of the programs UI first),

and simply change the hash number towards the bottom/bottom right of the screen and do this for each one you wish to change,

then select Save/Save As next to the dropdown box and make sure you use a New Name otherwise it will overwrite the existing defaults and you won't get them back.

Go into preferences from system tools, then hold ctrl-shift and click the SAS logo at the top of the window.

You can save your own color sets, and they'll show up in the color selection drop-down.  Don't name them the same as the standard sets though, or the updater will want to replace them.

It's an unsupported feature but we figured it might be fun for folks :)

Go into preferences from system tools, then hold ctrl-shift and click the SAS logo at the top of the window.

You can save your own color sets, and they'll show up in the color selection drop-down.  Don't name them the same as the standard sets though, or the updater will want to replace them.

It's an unsupported feature but we figured it might be fun for folks :)

I'd like it as a supported feature but I guess it could cause copyright issues and/or artificial versions of the UI.

Thanks for that.

Don't know if I'll use it though as I could waste many hours of my life playing around :)

I'd like it as a supported feature but I guess it could cause copyright issues and/or artificial versions of the UI.

I think it's more a matter of the time it would take to make it more user-friendly, etc. The color editor as it stands is pretty rough, really just thrown together for internal use... but it's kinda fun & may be useful for folks.

I like the fact its rough as it gives a better understanding of what each function does as opposed to a simple automated click and switch style.

Incidentally, will this feature also be available on the portable tech version?

There wouldn't be a way to have a configuration setting like colors work with the portable. By nature nothing is installed/saved.

Is there not a way to extract a saved colour scheme and add/import it into the tech edition?

Is there not a way to extract a saved colour scheme and add/import it into the tech edition?

The tech edition is a self extracting archive that's digitally signed.  It can't be modified without invalidating the digital signature.