JerryM

SAS and KIS7 Alerts

When I activate SAS Pro, there is an alert from KIS that an executable file has been changed. There is also an alert after updating.

I understand that there will be no fix until KIS 8.

I am somewhat surprised that there has been no fix, but I admit I do not know who should and could fix it.

Any comments?

Regards,

Jerry

When I activate SAS Pro, there is an alert from KIS that an executable file has been changed. There is also an alert after updating.

I am somewhat surprised that there has been no fix, but I admit I do not know who should and could fix it.

Any comments?

Regards,

Jerry

KIS should recognize the MD5/fingerprint of the file has not changed, and if the user trusts it, it should not alert over and over.

Any comments?

Regards,

Jerry

KIS should recognize the MD5/fingerprint of the file has not changed, and if the user trusts it, it should not alert over and over.

I agree that it should, but evidently there is some problem that won't be fixed until V8.

Here is a thread on KL forums that addresses that issue. You are probably familiar with it already.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?sh ... =46592&hl=

Thanks,

Jerry

Going OT slightly but Kaspersky related :P

Anyone else notice that the experts in their support forums when confronted with a malware that KAV/KIS cannot clean immediately suggest downloading SAS 8)

Going OT slightly but Kaspersky related :P

Anyone else notice that the experts in their support forums when confronted with a malware that KAV/KIS cannot clean immediately suggest downloading SAS 8)

Yes. That is exactly how I actually first heard of SAS. :D