Sign in to follow this  
Bigb1026

Need help removing malware

I use SuperantiSpyware at least weekly, also have Norton as part of my Comcast deal.  Nevertheless, two very annoying malware programs have infiltrated my computer:  Price Gong, and Deal Finder.  Google search suggest many 'programs' to remove them, but I have found many of these programs are just sources to trick you into unknowingly installing even more malware garbage.  Can anyone please suggest LEGITIMATE easy-to-understand ways to remove these malware programs?  Thanks.

Hello Bigb1026,

SUPERAntiSpyware does have the ability to remove many potentially unwanted programs, however these two particular programs Price Gong and Deal Finder are not in our current database. I will look into adding definitions to remove these.

In the meantime, might I suggest a program called Should I Remove It? It is a relatively simple-to-use program that lets you know what is currently installed on your system with an option to remove it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns,

SUPERAntiSpyware Malware Research

Thanks, please DO let me know if you are able to identify these programs and add to your database.  Both are very annoying pop-up programs not found in Control Panel Delete Program function.  I believe they instead

attach themselves to browsers like Firefox, IE, etc. and annoyingly produce pop-up ads unexpectedly within other programs, Craigslist and eBay to name just two. As I said, I found many 'suggestions" on Google search for removing them,

but I don't trust any of them---probably mostly tricks to get you to download programs that only add new problems, not solve old ones.