saurabhdua

Unwanted Software Removal goes for a Toss!

Hello There!

Iam with Version No.::5.7.1026 & Database Version as 11340. During the initiation of the Full Scan, SA portrays IOBit Uninstaller as an "Unwanted" Application & ask for the permission to get that removed.

Yes, I do consider it to be so as it intruded surreptitiously during the installation of the Trial version of the Iobit's Advanced System Care Ultimate edition.

However, in spite of giving a favorable consent, i.e. to get that removed.....SA simply proceeds on to the next stage of Full Scanning without fulfilling the previous assurance of its removal!?

I have tried Windows 8 Uninstaller as well, & also the Ccleaner Clean up Utility to get this rogue software removed, but couldn't remain successful! You would be surprised to note, that in spite of an Uninstallation of an entire package i.e. of ASC Ultimate, Iobit Uninstaller continues to hover still!?

Iam clueless...on how to get this rogue software removed. Please help. All cooperation in this regard will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

post-37275-0-79615600-1404124314_thumb.png

Hi saurabhdua,

Your image doesn't specify where the uninstaller is located Task Manager, Installed Progs etc..can you clarify this please?

There is a post on the Malwarebytes forum related to the malware installed with IOBit Uninstaller.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/151042-need-help-removing-updatepackascexe-installed-by-iobit-uninstaller-update/?hl=%2Biobit#entry843942

Personally I'd avoid IOBit software like the plague, they are known for stealing Malwarebytes tech and sig databases. How they still exist is beyond me.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/30989-iobits-denial-of-theft-unconvincing/?hl=%20iobit%20%20steals%20%20malwarebytes