PeteGG

Removing Adds by Showpassword

Hi

I recently got some Addware installed on my PC that I can't remove. Adds by Showpassword. I downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware on the recommendation for the Norton forum. It has been the only software thats detected this problem. When I run the scan it asks me to uninstall the program before the scan will continue. I do this at the beginning of every scan, but the problem keeps coming back. How do I remove this permanently?

Hi PeteGG,

please check your browsers addons for showpassword and remove it as this would appear to be the cause

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ you can also use this program to completely remove any traces, use the bleeping comp download on that page not the adverts.

Select Scan and then Clean.

If you expand the item list when it's detected (the little [+] button next to the item), you should see the individual files or registry settings that are being detected.

I'm wondering if they're being removed and re-added or if there's a problem with the removal.  You could try browsing to the files that are detected and delete them manually.. if you're able to delete the files, and they don't come back, there could be some kind of error during the uninstall.