malware1

Submitting samples

Your email doesn't work:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of itsrecipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:  samples@superantispyware.com    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<samples@superantispyware.com>:    host supportsoft.com.s7a1.psmtp.com [64.18.6.10]:    550 No such user - psmtp------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------------ The body of the message is 873093 characters long; only the first------ 106496 or so are included here.

Please fix it or you won't receive any samples from me.

Heya, First off, thanks for contributing to our malware research efforts!  I don't think that e-mail address has been valid for some time, was it listed somewhere on our website?

If you're using SAS 5.7 or the Pre-release of 6.0, you should be able to go into the system tools and use the sample submit tool there.  It will communicate with our servers to push the samples directly into the queue for our researchers.

Let me know if that works for you!

Hi,

It was posted here.

I submit many samples to other security companies, most of them have email for submissions or FTP access so I can set up automatic submissions. I wanted to do the same with SUPERAntiSpyware :)

Last I heard someone was working with IT to get the e-mail address for samples set up... I wasn't exactly sure so I didn't want to respond with bad information.  Our corporate HQ does the e-mail stuff, and my speculation is the IT guys aren't thrilled about the idea of malware being intentionally sent through their servers ;)  I'll reply here as soon as I have anything more than guesses for you!

If they don't come up with a solution, maybe I could update our sample submit tool to work from command-line options? Would that enable you to automate?