nighthawkext

SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 Pre-Release Download

We are proud to announce a new pre-release version of SUPERAntiSpyware that includes some new features that will help our users remove malware from their machines.

Included in this version:

• COMPLETELY RE-DESIGNED USER INTERFACE - A Brand New Look!
  • INTUITIVE & STREAMLINED NEW PROGRAM FLOW
  • Enhanced System Tools "Control Panel" interface
  • Numerous internal improvements to support program stability and Internet connectivity
  • More additions to come...

We welcome you to try this pre-release and let us know how it works for you on this forum.

Installation of Pro version went smoothly over existing version of Pro.  - no issues

Scan time (quick scan) was the same as previous.  - no issues

I like the way when clicking on 'Submit A Malware Sample' the pointer automatically starts on the add a file button.  - no issues

Under 'Scanner Options', do we really need to have a link to 'Advanced Options/Troubleshooting'? why not just have a scroll bar?

This should say "SUPERAntiSpyware WILL not scan the folders listed below".

This was unchecked by default, shouldn't it be the other way round?

Definition Update just went through with no problems.  - no issues

Now add some more colour in places :D

Are you going to change the GUI so it matches the winsows theme?  Whats the point of accessability features if developers don't use them.

Is Pale Moon browser now supported? Will SAS scan the Pale Moon cookies located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles

Is Pale Moon browser now supported? Will SAS scan the Pale Moon cookies located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles

I haven't noticed any picked up in my scans yet.

Is the absence of a 'Threats found' by design? or will it be included during scan?

attachicon.gifsas pre6.0c.PNG

Is the absence of a 'Threats found' by design? or will it be included during scan?

When items are detected, they are added below the activity section, very similar to previous versions.

I haven't noticed any picked up in my scans yet.

bummer :(

Pale Moon is a very popular browser now and many people who hate the new Firefox interface are switching to it.

We were promised that it will be supported in the next version :(

Are you going to change the GUI so it matches the winsows theme?  Whats the point of accessability features if developers don't use them.

The UI is very customized to support the information layout and for touch-friendliness (the new UI works great on 8" Windows tablets!).. Since we're not using standard Windows controls, it's not picking up the Windows color configuration.  I'm not sure if we'd be able to mirror the Windows selection exactly, but if you would just like a "high contrast" color scheme of some kind, we may be able to add that as a program configuration option.  Are you into Black Background/White Text or White Background/Black text (just curious)?  No promises, but if there's time to squeeze that in there I'd be happy to do it.  We've talked about more user-configurable visuals over the years but it seemed a bit like pouring resources into something that was kinda unnecessary (even though we all think it's cool). 

Installation of Pro version went smoothly over existing version of Pro.  - no issues

Scan time (quick scan) was the same as previous.  - no issues

I like the way when clicking on 'Submit A Malware Sample' the pointer automatically starts on the add a file button.  - no issues

Under 'Scanner Options', do we really need to have a link to 'Advanced Options/Troubleshooting'? why not just have a scroll bar?

attachicon.gifsas pre6.0.PNG

This should say "SUPERAntiSpyware WILL not scan the folders listed below".

attachicon.gifsas pre6.0b.PNG

This was unchecked by default, shouldn't it be the other way round?

Definition Update just went through with no problems.  - no issues

Now add some more colour in places :D

Thanks for the catch on the missing word :)

There's no reason why SAS would have altered your configuration settings; it should have just picked up what you had before if you reinstalled on top of an existing installation.  We'll try to reproduce here though.

More color will be coming, we're wanting to be a little more thoughtful with where we use it, so it will draw your attention if needed.  We haven't let our design team loose on it yet, so consider the colors & icons to be the "general idea" of what we're shooting for visually.

bummer :(

Pale Moon is a very popular browser now and many people who hate the new Firefox interface are switching to it.

We were promised that it will be supported in the next version :(

We have more robust browser support "under the hood" in 6.0 which will make it easier for us to support additional browsers (time permitting).  We have IE, Chrome and FireFox as our baseline level of support in there now.  It may not make it in 6.0, but it's quite possible to be added soon after release if not.  Browser support isn't my department, so I'm just doing a bit of speculating.

The UI is very customized to support the information layout and for touch-friendliness (the new UI works great on 8" Windows tablets!).. Since we're not using standard Windows controls, it's not picking up the Windows color configuration.  I'm not sure if we'd be able to mirror the Windows selection exactly, but if you would just like a "high contrast" color scheme of some kind, we may be able to add that as a program configuration option.  Are you into Black Background/White Text or White Background/Black text (just curious)?  No promises, but if there's time to squeeze that in there I'd be happy to do it.  We've talked about more user-configurable visuals over the years but it seemed a bit like pouring resources into something that was kinda unnecessary (even though we all think it's cool). 

Hi,

I like black background with bright text personally.  Disabling bitmaps in SAS 5.7 helps but 6 didn't have the option.  It doesn't have to match windows exactly:)

A new version (6.0.1014) of the pre-release containing fixes and enhancements has been uploaded.

Free Installer:
cdn.superantispyware.com/prerelease/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Click here to download

Pro Installer:
cdn.superantispyware.com/prerelease/SUPERAntiSpywarePro.exe
Click here to download

Please check it out and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Geoff

Slight display issue with the latest pre-release update 6.0.1014 during Definition Update some components seem to just disappear before the definition list shows up.

Will check to see if it happens again on next update.

Tried the free version on a test machine and no issues found like the one above, still to retest Pro version on main machine but am suspecting a momentary glitch caused it initially, will confirm later.

I installed SAS Pro 6.0.1018 over the top of my existing version 5.7.1018 with no problems.

Everything seems to be working fine up to now, however after using SAS for many years now the new gui takes a bit of getting used to.

Scanning time seems to be around the same as the previous version I was using.

No complaints here :)

Running Windows 7 x64.

Display error reported in post #14 in build 6.0.1014 Pro did not come back so it must have been a minor glitch which I haven't seen since.

No errors so far in build 6.0.1020 apart from the context menu not being checked by default (unless this was intentional).

I installed SAS Pro 6.0.1018 over the top of my existing version 5.7.1018 with no problems.

Everything seems to be working fine up to now, however after using SAS for many years now the new gui takes a bit of getting used to.

Scanning time seems to be around the same as the previous version I was using.

No complaints here :)

Running Windows 7 x64.

We really wanted to improve the simplicity, but we did our best to keep the overall use as close as possible to previous versions.  If something isn't where you remember it being, it should be obvious where it was moved to.  For new users, the UI isn't as cluttered or fiddly so it should be more accessible.  It's a delicate balance, but I think we've arrived at a pretty slick result.  The best part is that with all of the UI-maneuvering, we didn't lose any power or flexibility.

Spoiler alert: the primary new feature of 6.0 isn't even in the pre-release!  I'm really excited about it but we're not ready to spill the beans just yet. I can say that it'll bring an awesome new way for SAS to track down infections and unwanted programs on your PC.

Display error reported in post #14 in build 6.0.1014 Pro did not come back so it must have been a minor glitch which I haven't seen since.

No errors so far in build 6.0.1020 apart from the context menu not being checked by default (unless this was intentional).

Let us know if you see it again, I wasn't able to reproduce on the current build or 1014.  Context menu option shouldn't be disabled by default, I'll take another look at that this week.  Are you getting that every time you reinstall, or was it just the once?

Spoiler alert: the primary new feature of 6.0 isn't even in the pre-release!  I'm really excited about it but we're not ready to spill the beans just yet. I can say that it'll bring an awesome new way for SAS to track down infections and unwanted programs on your PC.

Will this feature be added in a future beta release or will we have to wait until the release version?

Will this feature be added in a future beta release or will we have to wait until the release version?

I'm guessing it'll make it into the pre-release once we're done with our internal testing; maybe this week or next.  It's really cool stuff!  I can't make any promises though.....

Without revealing anything, version 5.7 included a feature called SUPERDelete in the system tools menu - this utilizes the same advanced removal as our scanner.  That system tools menu is just begging for more things to click on, isn't it? :)

Found out what was happening and how you should be able to reproduce it.

Started up computer and checked a file with right click  as shown;

Opened SAS and updated to see if that changed things, it didn't.

Went to Scan This Computer option on 'Home Screen' and selected Advanced Options/Troubleshooting, didn't select anything just OK to return to previous screen.

Then selected Cancel Scan to return to 'Home Screen', went into System Tools --- Preferences and discovered Display scan option in Explorer context (right click) menu had become unchecked.

So at present you have to recheck that box after every time you select the above Advanced Options.... unless it's just on my system.

Found out what was happening and how you should be able to reproduce it.

Started up computer and checked a file with right click  as shown;

attachicon.gifsas context1.PNG

Opened SAS and updated to see if that changed things, it didn't.

Went to Scan This Computer option on 'Home Screen' and selected Advanced Options/Troubleshooting, didn't select anything just OK to return to previous screen.

Then selected Cancel Scan to return to 'Home Screen', went into System Tools --- Preferences and discovered Display scan option in Explorer context (right click) menu had become unchecked.

So at present you have to recheck that box after every time you select the above Advanced Options.... unless it's just on my system.

Not just your system GuiltySpark. I can replicate this.

Running Windows 7 x64.

Thanks for tracking that one down!  It happens if you go between preferences and advanced scan settings from the system tools menu.  I'll bet you I moved the option from scan settings to prefs and didn't remove the code to update the configuration.  Next build will have that fix in there...

Related to that, I think I saw an older post about right-click scanning not working on root drives, we should address that one too.  I can't say for sure how quickly that could get done though. I'll have to see if the team responsible for the shell extension has a little time to give it some TLC.  Maybe add the option to hide SUPERDelete from the explorer context menu too for folks who don't want it there, that was requested a while back as well.