bajan

Definitions update problem

I'll forward your respone to the VIPRE tech and maybe they can come up with another explanation as to what the conflict is..

UPDATE - with another response that may clear things up ??

Good day!

SuperAntispyware is an antivirus program. Its an antimalware program. It has the same protection engine as VIPRE's. If you need to have a second or third opinion using another antivirus program, you can install it on need-to-use basis only but once you have run it, you will need to remove as its not for a long-term use.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Jhayson Manlapas
VIPRE Technical Support - ThreatTrack Security
http://www.vipreantivirus.com/support/
--------------------------------------------------------------

Good day!

SuperAntispyware is an antivirus program. Its an antimalware program. It has the same protection engine as VIPRE's. If you need to have a second or third opinion using another antivirus program, you can install it on need-to-use basis only but once you have run it, you will need to remove as its not for a long-term use.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Strange. Now my question is how come SAS doesn't look for Virus's if as Vipre insist it is an AV?

Hopefully a member of SAS team can confirm which the program really is, it certainly doesn't act like a AV.

I have an idea since I would REALLY like to keep my SAS installed. Have someone from the TECH side contact the Tech corresponding with me

Jhayson Manlapas
VIPRE Technical Support - ThreatTrack Security
http://www.vipreantivirus.com/support/
--------------------------------------------------------

It looks like you just received a canned response from VIPRE. SUPERAntiSpyware will work well with most other security products on the market. I reviewed the logs for your system and found that you have some piece of software being spawned by the shell several times a second. This is quite odd. The logs didn't include the name of the software. I would run a utility to determine what file is being spawned so often.  I was not able to determine why SAS is popping up but It's possible that the popup is being caused by the program attempting to scan this application that is being spawned constantly.

The software that is being spawned is the SAS page to start a scan mentioned previously. What utility do you reccomend running to find the software causing it?

The software being spawned is not SAS. SAS is already running. Something is executing a program several times a second. You could open task scheduler to see what process is starting and stopping frequently or that you have many copies of running.

The software being spawned is not SAS. SAS is already running. Something is executing a program several times a second. You could open task scheduler to see what process is starting and stopping frequently or that you have many copies of running.

OK. I'm going to try loading the SAS PRO  6.0 link mentioned earlier from the link provided. I will then run a complete scan and let you know if I get anything popping up again after the complete scan is run.

Downloaded SAS 6 PRO  via link - ran the scan, removed the junk it normally

finds and within a minute the POPUP came up again in the new form on SAS PRO

6. Checked running processes and noticed just before it popped up each time

SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE RAN !!!  

Totally removed SAS using your link. Contacted VIPRE for a link to TOTALLY REMOVE all traces of Vipre. They sent the link and I ran that, Then ran CCleaner to clean up anything else. Then RELOADED SAS 6 from the link you provided and ran a SAS update ( it  was up to date )  then ran a complete scan which took 1 hour and 55 minutes finding noting. AND EVEN WITHOUT VIPRE  that same POPUP came up within a minute and even though I closed it,  it came up again and again and again. END RESULT I have REMOVED SAS too. Would love to have the money I paid for a lifetime subscription returned since I cannot deal with that popup any more... I'll install KASPERSKY and MALWARE BYTES FREE which is what I used for years until I was TOLD SAS and VIPRE were better???   NOPE not so..

I'm sorry you've been discouraged by this unusual problem you're having with SAS re-opening every minute.  So far you're the only one that's been experiencing this issue and I have no explanation for it. I wonder if you disable scheduled scanning/automatic updates & real-time protection if it would continue to happen.  I can tell that you're likely moving on, but it sure would be great if we could get SAS operating as intended for you.

I'm sorry you've been discouraged by this unusual problem you're having with SAS re-opening every minute.  So far you're the only one that's been experiencing this issue and I have no explanation for it. I wonder if you disable scheduled scanning/automatic updates & real-time protection if it would continue to happen.  I can tell that you're likely moving on, but it sure would be great if we could get SAS operating as intended for you.

If I did all of the above it would seem like everything was disabled and no real protection would be providied. Removing the VIPRE should have totally eliminated the SAS POPUP if it was the cause, since it did not stop after removal my only conclusion is the problem lies entirelly within SAS and it's being SPAWNED by SAS itself.