Rainmaker58

Possible False Positive

I have a PlumCam system in my house, and am running the software on two computers without incident. However, when I tried to install this same software on a new Win 8.1 computer with SAS Pro running, SAS says it contains the Trojan.Agent/gen-kazy ico.process and then DELETES the installation program (so I am unable to submit a possible false positive by the recommended method).

This is software I downloaded directly from the company's website - www.brite-view.com

Interestingly, one of the two computers successfully running this software is another Win 8 computer with the free version of SAS on it, and it installed without difficulty, and a complete scan shows no problem. 

So, I suspect a false positive.

Hello Rainmaker58,

That's because our Free product doesn't have real-time protection.

To get real-time protection to overlook these files, please follow these steps:

1.)  Turn off real-time protection temporarily so the files will not be detected/quarantined. 
2.)  Right click the file in its folder, and select Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware from the context menu.  After the file is detected, proceed to the next steps.
3.)  Add to the Allowed Items list.
4.)  Submit for False Positive Analysis.

Thank you! I tried the above, but SAS did not register the installation file as a threat. So again, I can't submit it by the common method. The PlugCam people did respond today saying that the software is safe.