wayneqsr

False positve from a file on a CD from 2007?

Hello;

Some of my users are reporting that SUPERAntiSpyare is blocking them from running my puzzles.

I had a problem a while back with Malware Bytes reporting it, and when I had them take a close look they said it was indeed a false positive and fixed the issue.

Now SUPERAntiSpyware is doing the same thing.

Attached is a file from a CD-ROM burned in 2007 that your software reports as a Trojan.Agent/Gen-MulDrop.

The thing is, Malware Bytes, AVG, Avast, Ad-aware, Bit Defender, Clam AV, Kaspersky, McAfee, etc. all report it as being clean. I would think if there was a problem on a file from 2007 they would have the virus, etc. in their databases by now. Note the file was created in 2005.

Can you please look at this and let me know if there is indeed a problem? If not, please fix your definitions as my current (2014) puzzles are being reported the same way, yet are clean according to all these others.

I'm using the forum as I tried using the built in tool in your software, but never heard back on it.

Thank you very much.

Wayne

0011-horseshoecrab-60pc.exe

Hello Wayne,

I have done some investigating and have found the cause of the false detection. I have adjusted the definition database, and 0011-horseshoecrab-60pc.exe should no longer be detected as of database version 11104 (which will be released later today).

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns,

SUPERAntiSpyware Malware Research