Definition Update Error

Hello folks,

I have read reports in this forum about definition update error. Any updated news regarding about this at present. Refer to screenshot.

post-25269-0-44450300-1393194268_thumb.jpg

Hello GuiltySpark and thanks for your reply! How do I install the definition update manually? Is it like installing computer programs or is there any process and steps that needs to be done?

Please use the Installer until the team can get the issue resolved.

Guiltyspark, is there a similar tool to update the database? I had a crash yesterday so in addition to the definitions update error, the database is an issue for me too. When I downloaded the installer for the def files, I see database version has changed to 11058, yet the status shows updated 194 days ago and I didn't see the 11058 version listed here https://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html . When I hit update, I get a message that theres a product update available dating back to 9/25/2012, but of course it won't really download and update the software. Also, is this a major problem or can we expect this to be fixed today? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mumio,

I'm not sure what happened there but mine shows something similar-ish as I think it may be to do with the auto update function as I have noticed the change that comes about when auto update tries to check if its up to date.

Things should sort themselves out once evrything is back up and running smoothly :)

Mumio,

I'm not sure what happened there but mine shows something similar-ish as I think it may be to do with the auto update function as I have noticed the change that comes about when auto update tries to check if its up to date.

attachicon.gifsas.PNG

Things should sort themselves out once evrything is back up and running smoothly :)

Thank you :)

Definition updates are back online

I still have the database status problem : definitions are "Up To Date" but the database status  is "Updated 20 days ago"

Hovering the mouse over the bug icon in the taskbar shows:

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.7.1018

Core: 11058 Trace: 8870 (02/04/2014)

Timadam

Wait for the next batch of definitions that should sort things out and update the viewpoint.

If you're using the Pro version it may be advisable to allow the auto update to go through instead of doing it manually.

I still have the database status problem : definitions are "Up To Date" but the database status  is "Updated 3 days ago"

Hovering the mouse over the bug icon in the taskbar shows:

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.7.1018

Core: 11058 Trace: 8870 (02/21/2014)

@ Lawrence,

Your updates should all go through smoothly now resulting in a change in the Database status :)

Hi Guiltyspark-I now show database version 11059 but the status is still at updated 194 days ago. When I click to check for updates, the def files are up to date, but the pop-up still comes up saying there's a new product update available...but I go through the steps and it's not updating the anything. Tried a reboot and as soon as I'm up, I get the notice about the new product, but it won't update then either :(  I just tried to uninstall it, but I get the message that uninstall failed, error reading uninstall data. Not sure what to do at this point. Are you able to help?

32 bit Uninstaller

64 bit Uninstaller

select the correct uninstaller from the links above and run it then download a fresh version of SAS Pro or Free depending on your current product. Follow the instructions presented.

Reboot your computer you should always do this when making these kinds of changes.

Free edition installer

Pro version installer

@ Lawrence,

Your updates should all go through smoothly now resulting in a change in the Database status :)

The GUI update is working now and the database status is correct. 

The manual update still produces the database status error. When I saw your post, I tried the GUI update. It got to 50% then failed, tried again several times and failed with the red error. This is probably due to the poor quality of my internet connection.

I downloaded the manual definitions and installed them : the definitions were up to date but the database status was wrong.

I installed some outdated definitions (4th December 2013) and tried the GUI update again and it worked.

Thanks and I hope a solution is found for the manual update problem.

Timadam

Glad to see its working for you now Tim :)

yes poor net connection can result in a few issues as is the case with most updateswhen using a dropped service.

32 bit Uninstaller

64 bit Uninstaller

select the correct uninstaller from the links above and run it then download a fresh version of SAS Pro or Free depending on your current product. Follow the instructions presented.

Reboot your computer you should always do this when making these kinds of changes.

Free edition installer

Pro version installer

Guiltyspark, thanks so much for this info. Once I went through the process then reinstalled, the program is finally running as it should be now. Really appreciate your help with this, especially considering the rest of the mess I had on my hands due to the crash yesterday....thank you again!  :-D