After I downloaded and installed Adobe Reader XI I started getting a popup with redirsvc.com on Google. I have MS Windows 7 Home Premium. I have gone into remove programs and removed every program I think might be causing it except Adobe Reader. I have gone into Google settings and made sure the settings are correct. I have run SAS several times and supposedly removed any viruses.  But I still have it. A redirect popup sent me to a site that said they could help remove it but they wanted me to buy their software. I can't afford to buy anymore software right now. That is why I bought SUPERAntiSpyware in the first place. So, the question is, how do I remove it?

Thank you.

Hi rwscls65,

Did SAS pick up this redirect at all? you mentioned that SAS removed some issues do you still have the log files for those?

What browser are you using when this redirect happens?

What addons / extensions do you have in your browser?

Sorry for all the questions but it is necessary to narrow things down :)

the first time I ran it it did find some issues, but the last time I ran it it did not pick up the redirect virus. I can't find the log files. I am using Google Chrome. I just went into settings and reset to default. I tried to reply to your post from my Yahoo. mail but Google froze up. I had to close Goole and reopen it to get back to this forum and your post. I did not get the redirect when I reopened Google. I'll close it out again and reopen and see what happens.

After I reopened Google I typed in SUPERAntiSpyware in the search box and then clicked on the link and it took me right to this page. I did not get the redirect popup. Did resetting to default remove the virus? As malicious as that one is It doesn't seem possible.

It doesn't sound like you had a virus but instead had a piece of Adware. The default setting on Chrome probably removed the addons/extensions function which is more likely where the issue was arising from, sometimes things are slipped into dodgy plugins and sometimes a simple case of clicking on an advert can result in a silent download of the adware.

By going into default settings you have essentially reset your browser.

Seems like you solved it :)