Tanya.1994

Multiple new threats everyday

I downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware, and MalwareBytes about 3 days ago, when I accidentally downloaded a toolbar called "Conduit search" It was in my computer, so I deleted the file and changed my toolbar settings-- but it was still somehow popping up, so I downloaded these programs as suggested by the Firefox Website. Sure, that was fine, I scanned with both and found about 50 threats on each. Conduit was deleted also. I restarted each time, and SAS has been scanning every day since. So tell me- why would there be 100+ new threats everyday??? Also, I saw a forum suggesting to remove AVG. I have AVG, could it be interfering? What should I do? :?

Tracking Cookies are not harmful they exist purely for web marketing purposes, more of an annoyance than anything else. Everytime you browse the web you will get tracking cookies unless you install anti cookie programs to stop them saving data and tracking your site behaviour.

Some are necessary for a site to function correctly (for example Disqus can be blocked but you may need it to make a comment on a site that supports it). :)

They are not really a threat as the SAS program says, but it is more to Alert you to their presence. :)

Tanya if you are using Firefox try using the Addblock Plus extension.

It cuts down the number of tracking cookies massively.