Cyberchief

SAS Pro 5.7.0.1010 New Version

I saw there was a new version listed on Major Geeks and Freeware Files website. I downloaded the new version from your website (Professional Download) I uninstalled the previous version with Geek Uninstaller. Like I always have in the past. I then ran SASUNINST64.EXE, then it rebooted. After reboot I installed the new version 5.7.0.1010 Pro. I was doing the setup and when I got to the Task Scheduler menu page no task were available. No Scheduled Scanning option or Automatic Update option. The bottom right Scheduled Scanning, and Automatic Updates were set to Disable All for both categories was grayed out with no choice that could be changed.In Scanning and Program Preferences some menu items under General and Startup could not be changed. Same in the other menu's on that tabbed page (Scanning Control, Real Time Protection, and other tabs could not be changed). I don't know what caused these problems with the new version but it's very depressing to have to uninstall, reboot then reinstall then you find out the new version has problems and you have to repeat the same process to place the older version that works back on the computer. I submitted a Support Request CSR00114576 and I'm anxiously awaiting a reply. Has anyone else had this sort of problem with the new version?

I saw there was a new version listed on MajorGeeks  website. I downloaded the new version from your website (Professional Download) I uninstalled the previous version with Revo Uninstaller. Like I always have in the past. I then rebooted. After reboot I installed the new version 5.7.0.1010 Pro. I was doing the setup and when I got to the Task Scheduler menu page, no tasks were available. No Scheduled Scanning option or Automatic Update option. The bottom right Scheduled Scanning, and Automatic Updates were set to Disable All for both categories was grayed out with no choice that could be changed. In Scanning and Program Preferences some menu items under General and Startup could not be changed. Same in the other menu's on that tabbed page (Scanning Control, Real Time Protection, and other tabs could not be changed). I don't know what caused these problems with the new version but it's very depressing to have to uninstall, reboot then reinstall then you find out the new version has problems. I tried this twice thinking I might have gotton a corrupted installer in the download, but both times resulted in the same issues. It really sucks to have to repeat the same process to place the older version that works back on the computer.

I saw there was a new version listed on MajorGeeks  website. I downloaded the new version from your website (Professional Download) I uninstalled the previous version with Revo Uninstaller. Like I always have in the past. I then rebooted. After reboot I installed the new version 5.7.0.1010 Pro. I was doing the setup and when I got to the Task Scheduler menu page, no tasks were available. No Scheduled Scanning option or Automatic Update option. The bottom right Scheduled Scanning, and Automatic Updates were set to Disable All for both categories was grayed out with no choice that could be changed. In Scanning and Program Preferences some menu items under General and Startup could not be changed. Same in the other menu's on that tabbed page (Scanning Control, Real Time Protection, and other tabs could not be changed). I don't know what caused these problems with the new version but it's very depressing to have to uninstall, reboot then reinstall then you find out the new version has problems. I tried this twice thinking I might have gotton a corrupted installer in the download, but both times resulted in the same issues. It really sucks to have to repeat the same process to place the older version that works back on the computer.

You could have been more original in your post and may be come up with some other things you supposedly found wrong. Just changing Revo Uninstaller for the one I use. I guess that you didn't submit a CSR for your findings? If this was a novel or some other literary  piece you could be sued. The variety of a problem brings attention to the issue, not a good thing to duplicate someones post and call it your own.

Although I have more than a few SAS Professional LIFETIME Subscriptions, my installed versions of 5.7.0.1008 have not had 5.7.0.1010 pushed to me yet.

Version 5.7.0.1010 seems to have appeared late last week, and may now be downloaded from https://www.superantispyware.com/download.html and others.

I'm wondering if it's normal for the automatic application updates to lag by a few days or more? My own automatic database updates seem unaffected and are still timely.

Although I have more than a few SAS Professional LIFETIME Subscriptions, my installed versions of 5.7.0.1008 have not had 5.7.0.1010 pushed to me yet.

Version 5.7.0.1010 seems to have appeared late last week, and may now be downloaded from https://www.superantispyware.com/download.html and others.

I'm wondering if it's normal for the automatic application updates to lag by a few days or more? My own automatic database updates seem unaffected and are still timely.

I downloaded from the site that you referenced in the hopes that they would have fixed the problems by now. Low and behold it's doing the same thing as the originally downloaded version last week. The only difference I see in the program is the size 26.64MB from first download and now 26.66MB, same version for both. I submitted a CSR on the 14th and it still has not been reviewed. Good thing my subscriptions are for a Lifetime.The Automatic Program Update has always run late, by the time I see there is an update available I will already be running the new version.

I downloaded from the site that you referenced in the hopes that they would have fixed the problems by now. Low and behold it's doing the same thing as the originally downloaded version last week. The only difference I see in the program is the size 26.64MB from first download and now 26.66MB, same version for both. I submitted a CSR on the 14th and it still has not been reviewed. Good thing my subscriptions are for a Lifetime.The Automatic Program Update has always run late, by the time I see there is an update available I will already be running the new version.

Perhaps one or more difficulties have been addressed as the downloadable version has gone to 5.7.0.1012

HTH :)

Will my 5.6 pro eventually update to 5.7 through the normal updating process or do i need to download and install the new version as a separate process. TIA

I see that most of the problems with the new release have been fixed with the latest version 5.7.0.1012. Douglas9 I would go ahead and download and install the new version manually. I found it's a lot faster than waiting to get it automatically. You've paid for the update why not use the latest iteration? Be sure to follow the process for updating, uninstall using SASUNINST64.EXE or what ever your computer architecture is, reboot, install new version, reboot after setup.This is the process I use to keep the installation clean.

Thank you for the bug reports; it did help us track down an intermittent issue that was resolved with the 1012 build.  It's been our routine to publish application updates through the in-product updater after a brief period of availability for download. This gives us an opportunity to correct any issues discovered by new users (or existing customers who download the new version manually).

Thanks again for your feedback! 

Thank you for the bug reports; it did help us track down an intermittent issue that was resolved with the 1012 build.  It's been our routine to publish application updates through the in-product updater after a brief period of availability for download. This gives us an opportunity to correct any issues discovered by new users (or existing customers who download the new version manually).

Thanks again for your feedback! 

You are more than welcome. I really like the program and it actually does what it says. I've been a user since September 09. That may tell you something with all of the other products out there on the market. Nick would be proud.....