Cyberchief

Program Definition Updates

I know it's an old subject but the update process needs a lot of work. Just for example today the definition has been updating for the past six (6) hours and minutes. It has not completed since definition Core 10877 Trace 8689 dated 7 November. If you are trying to go out of business or have people loose faith in a good product just keep doing what you are doing. Every since Support.com took over this program it has been in the crapper. Looks like it's on a downhill spiral? May be this needs to be brought to the attention of management. May be a shake up in employment status could bring new life to this program? Doesn't seem like anyone is concerned where this is going to end? I can assure you it will not be prosperous for many. It's really a damn shame for such a great product to just peter out.

Never had a problem with definition updates. I run SAS manually but have it set to update when it opens. I start it and the update begins immediately and normally takes around 30 seconds to complete.

On the other hand I know what you mean about the downhill spiral Cyberchief, the enthusiasm of the staff here seems to have died down from a few years ago.

I'm still sticking with SAS though unless it starts failing to detect malware that others do.

Cyberchief,

The behavior you are describing is not normal for SUPERAntiSpyware.  Please contact us through the support ticket system and we will figure out how to fix this.

www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

You want me to fill out a support ticket because the engineers are not completing the definition database update process? On the homepage under Definition Database, Click here and you will see the file has been updating since I first got on the computer this morning around 7:00 AM CST. What should I put on the support ticket as being the problem? Many years ago I did some computer work. (Tech Support), and we had a phrase that used the letters P I C N I C. the letters stand for Problem In Chair Not In Computer. We sort of worked by this and it was amazing how much work we got accomplished with the right crew. Just a suggestion.

Cyberchief,

Very few people complain of problems with the definition updates. We need a support ticket from you so that we can assess and attempt to fix whatever issue you're seeing. 

Thanks

Don Fowler

Cyberchief,

Very few people complain of problems with the definition updates. We need a support ticket from you so that we can assess and attempt to fix whatever issue you're seeing. 

Thanks

Don Fowler

The reason that I didn't do a support ticket is for the same reason listed in the previous comments. The problem being then that like I stated it took eight hours or more for the program definition update to be completed. I see that you didn't read the previous post or you would have known what the problem was. It is plain and simple for me to understand, there doesn't seem to be any oversight or interest in the continuation of the program. Program updates have become slow and the program definition update process use to be every eight hours and now it down to just about once a day. What you you like for the support ticket to say? That there are seemingly unconcerned staff, no quality control, lack of supervision, no attention to detail and it seems like that cries for help in this forum are not important. What is the Moderators job here? He does not read the Forum and discuss the stated comments with others that could be of help in resolving some non tech support issues. Instead there are replies that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. Why bother? I have two (2) Lifetime Subscriptions and for as long as the company is solvent I will continue to speak out. May be before to long Management will start looking here for some answers to some very simple questions.

Cyberchief, 

I am attempting to help you. I absolutely read your previous post about the problem. Definition updates should not and do not take 8 hours for other users. Without a support ticket and a diagnostic of your system I won't be able to figure out what is going wrong on your machine.

I'm genuinely sorry you don't feel like our definition updates are as frequent. We release ~4 updates a day.  

If you're interested in help you can have the support ticket say whatever you would like it to, but being more concise is useful. 

Don Fowler

Cyberchief, 

I am attempting to help you. I absolutely read your previous post about the problem. Definition updates should not and do not take 8 hours for other users. Without a support ticket and a diagnostic of your system I won't be able to figure out what is going wrong on your machine.

I'm genuinely sorry you don't feel like our definition updates are as frequent. We release ~4 updates a day.  

If you're interested in help you can have the support ticket say whatever you would like it to, but being more concise is useful. 

Don Fowler

The problem fixed itself with another update the same morning. The Core and Trace data is in the first post. The fix that solved the problem was an update with only one item listed in the detection box of the update. I realize that it is hard to check on past occurrences of this problem. Let me say first, I am a retired military veteran of two wars. I use my computer daily to stay in touch with other family members and other vets that are connected to me by military service. I cannot remember the time in the near past where there have been four updates in any one day that I can recall. Take today for instance there has been only one update all day today. Check the Definition Database Page. I'm on my computer at different times during the day and there has not been four updates that I can recall. I realize that today is a holiday and this past weekend there were only one update these days Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today. Does the program definition database update without changing the Core and Trace signature numbers? If I I am missing the other updates they put out where do they post them? I'm not trying to cause any problems but the updates speak for themselves. Just monitor the definition database like I do. I look at the update and click on the link that shows what is included in the update. Today there is only one listing like the other days of the week. I would just like for someone to oversee and monitor this process. I don't think a support ticket will fix the problem because most request go unanswered unless a member of this Forum tries to help another user. I don't usually post anything unless I feel there is no attention delegated to the problem.