Sign in to follow this  
dgoodale

can't scan remote drives ?

Hi,

I was wondering if SuperAntiSpyware can scan remote drives? I purchased it last week and I can't seem to get it to scan my network drives, mapped to drive W and drive Z. This will be a real problem for me since most of my data is on my network drives. I'm also having trouble with selecting drives in any kind of scans. Neither Complete scans or Custom scans scan what I select.

I opened a ticket on this Friday but since I haven't gotten a response, I thought I'd see if anyone in the community had a solution for this.

Thanks!

Dan Goodale

After waiting for a week for a reply from Technical Support, they sent me a script that ran on my computer. I waited several days to get the results of the scan. As a 23 year computer professional, I was really underwhelmed when their solution was to tell me how to select the folders I wanted to scan. Then I waited several days to a response to my reply, but it never came. 2 weeks wasted waiting for help...and I'm a paying user, not someone using the free version.

So today I put on my own tech support hat and figured out the issue myself. You can't scan a mapped drive. If you have a network drive and you have mapped it to a drive letter for your convenience, do NOT try to use it. Not only will your mapped drive not be scanned, none of the folders you  select AFTER electing the mapped drive will be scanned either. Instead, you MUST select the drive by searching for it under Network, NOT Computer.

To be honest, I'm not very impressed with the response time or the help from Technical Support and I'm sorry that I paid to support this product.

Dan Goodale 

DGOODALE,

I'm sorry that your response was so slow. We try to respond to tickets within a 24 hour time period on business days.

SUPERAntiSpyware is not designed to scan remote drives. However, you can get this feature to work if you disable "direct disk" and "kernel direct file access".