Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yabbadoo

Trojan Agent/Gen-Laneul

Guest Yabbadabbadoo

I posted a Trojan output from my SAS scan on Wilders Security Forum, asking if anybody else had been infected with this Trojan.  This  was before i knew that SAS had a Forum. The answer was that the two quarantined Trojan items are false positives. Previous to the SAS scan, MBAM, Emsisoft AM and AVG had all scanned clean and not picked up these items.

Wilders posted a Virus Total output for "crucialscan.exe" showing 38 AV checks, all  given a green light except SAS, which listed it as a Trojan. See :-

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e3cba5721c5d4efafe18ea078fabb0eba98f1de276f37635747aa64252fc8377/analysis/1381070955/

My screenshot of the SAS quarantine is :- Forget the tracking cookie.

06kkIzm.jpg

Have you any comments why SAS should treat these items as Trojans and 37 other AV`s pass them OK ?

Hi yabbadoo,

Sometimes anti malware programs throw up a false positive or two, it is unfortunate but does happen none the less.

In terms of receiving a direct response to this, please understand that paid subscribers will get priority treatment on these things.

In the meantime all I can suggest is to keep the program updated as new definitions can rectify this issue without prior announcement.

Guest Yabbadoo

Hi yabbadoo, Sometimes anti malware programs throw up a false positive or two, it is unfortunate but does happen none the less. In terms of receiving a direct response to this, please understand that paid subscribers will get priority treatment on these things. In the meantime all I can suggest is to keep the program updated as new definitions can rectify this issue without prior announcement.

Thank you for your explanation.

Just a point - does each new SAS scan also scan the quarantined items like Emsisoft AM does ? This ensures that any false positives which have previously been quarantined are automatically restored.

If you want to restore quarantined items then you have to select them in the quarantined section and restore them from there.

As for scanning them once quarantined I do not know but in my experience this has not been the case at least not in the free version.