Ultra Male

It's a shame that a security product bundles a browser!

What is going on? I don't know of any other security products that bundle crapware with the installer. I am one of the early users of SAS and hold a lifetime SAS Pro license but I just hate the fact that you get a bundled browser in the SAS installer. What a shame, that a security company bundles crapware.

Not only that, but you must deselect that crappy browser TWICE not once

I agree with you berryracer but at least you can deselect it so really it's just a minor inconvenience.

Worse things could be bundled with it.

I agree with you berryracer but at least you can deselect it so really it's just a minor inconvenience.

Worse things could be bundled with it.

I know mate I am doing that, but you get 2 check boxes to untick at first, then when you choose custom installation, you get another 2, so 4 total checkmarks of trying to install some program I did not ask for. A browser should be selected by a user by choice, not by enforcement or sneaky bundling in other programs.

SAS was made to prevent and remove these kinda things. I know Chrome is not a bad thing, but the whole concept is wrong?

Remember how Avira had one of the best free AVs out there and they included the Ask Toolbar so many users left them!

Again I agree berryracer. It's the concept that's wrong. An AV or Anti Spyware company should bundle nothing else with it's software.

I personally don't think it does the company's reputation any good at all.

However I like SAS and like you have used the programme for a long time and have a lifetime SAS license so as long as the only thing they bundle with it is Chrome then I'll stick by it :)

I just downloaded the latest Pro version today to update and I didn't get any browser. It was from the SAS website.

I just downloaded the latest Pro version today to update and I didn't get any browser. It was from the SAS website.

are you sure you currently don't have Chrome installed? If you do, then it won't even prompt you to install it again

I just installed SUPERAntiSpyware 5.6.1040 and it gave me these:

1: 1zn8mz4.png

2: ff2uzq.png

Another issue I have is ever since I switched from Firefox to Pale Moon, SAS doesn't detect anything :(

What is going on? I don't know of any other security products that bundle crapware with the installer. I am one of the early users of SAS and hold a lifetime SAS Pro license but I just hate the fact that you get a bundled browser in the SAS installer. What a shame, that a security company bundles crapware.

Not only that, but you must deselect that crappy browser TWICE not once

It's not the first and it won't be the last time it happens either.

If I come to SUPERAntiSpyware.com.... chances are I'm looking to download and install SUPERAntiSpyware. If I wanted Google Chrome, ASK.com Toolbar, Uniblue Registry Cleaner, I'd go to those sites to obtain them. Imagine how much smaller these installers would be if they created an installer that just contains the product we came here looking for! *gasp*