alphaa10

Registered SASPro needs to be activated? Termination in Seven Days?

My SASPro will not update itself. When update failure began three days ago, the attached screen message appeared at every attempt to update (by the context menu), warning that regular features of SASPro will terminate in seven days unless the product is activated.

At first, I believed SASPro had been hit by malware and disabled, but the message to "upgrade" SASPro appears to lead to the regular SAS corporate site.

Parenthetically, I suspect this event is related to the gift of SASPro which I licensed for a family member. When my sister began to use her new computer (at last) only a few days ago, her own licensed copy of SASPro (Lifetime) notified SAS of its installation and use. If SAS management uses only a simple system to monitor installed instances of SASPro, it probably would not distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate use and attempted updates.

However, the license number used for my sister is unique and was purchased for her exclusive use (see below), so there should not no questions about licensure. If your automated system cannot distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate installations of SASPro-- especially since we have the option to "transfer" the license to another computer (thank you!), perhaps it is time to devise a better approach.

In any case, please establish the facts, and let me know what is going on.

.%5C%5Cdesktop%5CMy%20documents%5Cuploads%5C130914%20SASPro%20upgrade%20message.jpg

Confusion here as well about getting Registered, Accepted (or whatever the correct term might be) and also stunned that the question I clicked on has apparently not been answered since 2013...HUH?

According to info seen on another page, there is supposed to be a "Create Account tab on any page" but I cannot find such a thing.

If someone could answer this garbled yelp for help I would appreciate it very much.

Problem seems to be: I grabbed the opportunity to use the free version of SAS. Now that I have bought the Pro version, I cannot seem to access it. Free version is still on desktop, okay, I will continue to use it.

But what about my $$ paid for the Pro version? No way to find it? Weird. Minimally I would like to see the possible difference(s) between Free & Pro versions of SAS.

Maximally, how can I stop using Free version and begin using the Pro version, WITHOUT being able to find that "Create Account" tab that seems to not be visible here.

Total CompDunce here asking the dumb questions. When I click on the "Register" tab an advisory appears to tell me I am already registered. Okay. So in that case, I wonder why in the world this Pro version is so difficult to find and use.

If anyone can tell me in simplest-possible terms what I should do to access Pro version of SAS I would be very grateful....but am still concerned about someone else's similar question apparently not being answered in two years...yipes.

TIA.

Omnigusted.

Woah. Let's break this down.

Confusion here as well about getting Registered, Accepted (or whatever the correct term might be) and also stunned that the question I clicked on has apparently not been answered since 2013...HUH?

It may have been but the user never came back to tell us.

According to info seen on another page, there is supposed to be a "Create Account tab on any page" but I cannot find such a thing.

If someone could answer this garbled yelp for help I would appreciate it very much.

Can you link to it? As I have never seen or herd of this.

Problem seems to be: I grabbed the opportunity to use the free version of SAS. Now that I have bought the Pro version, I cannot seem to access it. Free version is still on desktop, okay, I will continue to use it.

But what about my $$ paid for the Pro version? No way to find it? Weird. Minimally I would like to see the possible difference(s) between Free & Pro versions of SAS.

Maximally, how can I stop using Free version and begin using the Pro version, WITHOUT being able to find that "Create Account" tab that seems to not be visible here.

Total CompDunce here asking the dumb questions. When I click on the "Register" tab an advisory appears to tell me I am already registered. Okay. So in that case, I wonder why in the world this Pro version is so difficult to find and use.

If anyone can tell me in simplest-possible terms what I should do to access Pro version of SAS I would be very grateful....but am still concerned about someone else's similar question apparently not being answered in two years...yipes.

One difference between the two is in the Pro version you have Real Time protection, Scheduled Scanning and Auto Updates.

There is no Register Tab!!

post-16924-0-36440200-1421614191_thumb.png

Go to Help and Information and you should see your code if you recieved one to enter.