Please use this thread to post a brief description of program bugs clearly stating :

1. The SAS version you are using.
  2. The Core and Trace definitions.
  3. Whether or not it is the Free or Paid versions
  4. Your Operating System specs.

Thank You.

BUG: No right-click context menu for hard disk drives (is this a bug or this feature ain't supported yet?

SAS Version: 5.6.1032

Definitions: 10754

Version: Paid Lifetime Subscription

OS Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

1. 5.7.1010

2. 10924 / 8736

3. Pro

4. XP Pro SP3

In System Tools > Repairs, the screen is blank. In prior versions the screen populated with various tools to assist in malware cleanup.

post-6237-0-41665000-1387158457_thumb.png

Hi Jahn,

I think this only applies when an issue with the registry is detected (but don't quote me on that), hopefully one of the team will be able to answer this in more detail :)

Thanks for your reply, GuiltySpark. If you are correct, that would be a program change from prior versions.

Just updated SAS free edition from 5.6.1042 to 5.7.1016 (defs.10946/8758) on a Win XP-SP3 home edition (32 bit) and a Win 7 SP1 home premium (32 bit) via the product update notification above system tray. Both machines updated OK but neither one had the SUPERDelete file removal in the right-click context menu in Windows Explorer. I uninstalled SAS using the uninstall utility tool SASUNINST.exe on both machines and did a clean install of SAS free edition 5.7.1016 and now I do have the SUPERDelete file removal in the right-click context menu. May be a bug in the update process?

Version 5.7.1018.  Paid.  Windows 2000.

Problem is that the scan scheduling function only allows the scheduling of quick scans and no other type.  The pull-down menu always shows only Quick Scan and no other choice.

SAS Version 5.7.1018
Core 11116, Trace 8928
Lifetime Subscription
Windows 7 64 bit

Constantly crashes during scheduled task.

Sent multiple reports.

Uninstalled/reinstalled, safe mode, etc. Nothing worked.

Version 5.7.1026

Core 11353

Trace 9167

Free

XP Pro SP3

Ran update earlier today on 1 of my 2 XP pro boxes.

Ever since, I can only run SA for a minute or less, & it completely hoses the computer (screen blanks out)

Other security  programs appear to be functioning fine. (I do shut them off when I try to scan with SAS).

Thanks for any suggestions.

I haven't tried that yet. If it will help to figure this out, I'll try tomorrow.

Ran fine in safe mode. "Complete scan" did not find any nasties, either. Likely a conflict with another program? The only reason i find that theory odd is because i shut all other security off before running it (in regular mode).