Sign in to follow this  
3xist

SUPERAntispyware Pro 3.9 Vs Spybot & Ad-aware

Hello,

I am new here. My IT guy recently came to fix a problem on my pc. He saw I was running Spybot & Ad-aware, Spyware Terminator, AVG Antispyware & Windows Defender.

he removed ALL of them, and installed only one antispyware, which was SUPERAntispyware Pro. He told me it was REALLY Good, and is better then spybot and ad-aware.

So now I only have Comodo Firewall, Avast Antivirus Free, CCleaner, and this... I am also browsing with Firefox :-)

I need your opinions... Especially from the author of SUPERAntispyware. What do you think about this? Did my IT guy do a bad thing? Should I get back Ad-aware and Spybot?

Well, Been reading reviews. SUPERAntispyware seems extremely powerful. and I too had a HUGE virus trojan, that ad-aware, spybot and even WEBROOT couldnt REMOVE! SUPERAntispyware removed it from the registry to the tiniest file left! I think I am trusting my IT and only having SUPERAntispyware pro :-) with my AV and Firewall of course!

Well... Ive never had a problem since. SUPERAntispyware pro been working very well... I am impressed with the product... I hope this software goes far... soon spybot & ad-aware will be old news... Goodluck to the team!

Well, I'm off... Waiting for replys and answers :D

As a computer tech, I would have done exactly what your IT did.

SAS is superior to those products in more ways than one.

Further clarification:

No reputable and experienced malware hunter would use or recommend Spybot, Ad-Aware, Spyware Terminator, or Window's Defender. These applications pale in comparison to a few competing products.

AVG's AntiSpyware (formally Ewido), has excellent prevention and detection abilities that are somewhat similar to SAS's. However, SAS goes much further by providing unparalleled support, a lifetime subscription key, guaranteed malware removal, and prompt responses to submitted malware. As such, SAS is leagues beyond any other competing product.

If i where you i would install AVG-antispyware igain..

1 program never will find all the spyware, so its a good idea to have 2 antispyware programs, so if 1 program miss something theres a chance that the other program will find it..

Then you can use SAS as your "main" scanner and then scan with AVG-antispyware every month something.

SAS (Pro) would be my preferred choice for active protection. I have done extensive testing of SAS and IMO, it's the best AS product out there. I volunteer my time here as a malware hunter because of my strong belief in the product's ability and also because of my appreciation for their free and powerful on-demand scanner.

As mentioned above, no scanner, no matter how good it is, will catch every threat on a given day. With that in mind, Spybot S&D worth having onboard. It's not only an on-demand scanner, but also has immunization features in it that I still consider valuable. The only thing I don't recommend using in Spybot S&D is Tea Timer. Any reputable scanner like AVG AS or AdAware2007 is worth having onboard as an on demand scanners as well. None of these will use any resources unless in use and will not conflict with SAS.

Spywareblaster also has has valuable immunization features worth having as does a good hosts file, neither of which will use and resources or conflict with SAS.

Windsor

SAS (Pro) would be my preferred choice for active protection. I have done extensive testing of SAS and IMO, it's the best AS product out there. I volunteer my time here as a malware hunter because of my strong belief in the product's ability and also because of my appreciation for their free and powerful on-demand scanner.

As mentioned above, no scanner, no matter how good it is, will catch every threat on a given day. With that in mind, Spybot S&D worth having onboard. It's not only an on-demand scanner, but also has immunization features in it that I still consider valuable. The only thing I don't recommend using in Spybot S&D is Tea Timer. Any reputable scanner like AVG AS or AdAware2007 is worth having onboard as an on demand scanners as well. None of these will use any resources unless in use and will not conflict with SAS.

Spywareblaster also has has valuable immunization features worth having as does a good hosts file, neither of which will use and resources or conflict with SAS.

Windsor

Spyware Terminator have can Immunize to.

thanks for your reponses. But I see Ad-aware runs background even when not running, like a service! and its a system hog hmmmm!

any ideas! I got back Spybot & Spywareblaster :)

thanks for your reponses. But I see Ad-aware runs background even when not running, like a service! and its a system hog hmmmm!

any ideas! I got back Spybot & Spywareblaster :)

Set the service to manual for Ad-Aware 2007

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > click OK.

Double click Ad-Aware 2007 Service and set the "Startup type" to Manual and click Apply

The service won't come on at boot, but will come on when you use the program. It will still be on after you shut the program down. You could turn that off in the same location by clicking the Stop button where it says "Service status"

Hi,

I got Spybot, Spywareblaster & SAS now only. Why I keep Spybot, Because it found a browser hijacker I have been fighting, that SAS didnt find :-(

I found out for a fact Ad-aware is no longer needed :)) So Thanks everyone!

Hi,

I got Spybot, Spywareblaster & SAS now only. Why I keep Spybot, Because it found a browser hijacker I have been fighting, that SAS didnt find :-(

Can you please provide the Spybot log that shows this "browser hijack"?