Sign in to follow this  
Compcrazy

SuperAntiSpyware didn't detect my Trojan Horse Generic33.CDJX

First, let me start by saying Im not computer savvy, My husband built all our computers in our house, he is hardware savvy, but limited software savvy. He knows how to reformat and can fix most viruses on his own, but this Trojan thing has got him stumped. I want him to be able to remove it without reformatting the computers, The kids computer has a Trojan Horse Generic33.CDJX on it and the other computer which is used for paying bills and the important stuff has a Trojan Horse Generic33.BIOP. I have Windows XP on both. I have been surfing the net on different forums and have AVG 2013 updated antivirus software that detects the Trojans but is not able to remove them. I get msg that says access denied when trying to have the AVG software remove it. AVG doesn't have any information on their website as to how to remove this Trojan. I then downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, but 1 hour and 28 min it didn't detect anything on my computer except for cookies. I went through steps to turn off system restore, I went to Task Manager - Processes - to try and remove trojans from there, but get msg "This is a critical system process -Task Manager can't end this process". I went to control panel - file folders- clicked to show all hidden files and unchecked Hide protected operating system files (recommended). Yet whenever I search for all files, the system tells me its not looking for hidden files even though I just opened up that access. I went into safe mode and tried to run the AVG & Super Anti Spyware and again AVG detected but couldn't remove and SuperAnti spyware didn't detect any threats. I have another computer other than those infected, Do I have any other ways to remove this thing or is my only option reformatting?

HI, it looks like a figured it out. Not bad for someone who doesn't have a clue about computers. I downloaded an unlocker and was able to delete the Trojans. I ran another scan using my free AVG software and the Trojans gone. I would like to know why SuperAntiSpyware didn't detect the Trojans, though. Isn't that what this type of spyware is suppose to pick up, malware like Trojans?

I cannot help U with this but I had my PC crash as SAS did not pick up malware and when I tried to contact support it took them 5 days to respond, by that time I was getting desperate  so had to take PC to repair shop costing $ 500. I have SAS pro bought subscription for PC and LT paid in full I am still wondering why my computer was allowed to crash without SAS picking up this virus also cannot get explanation from support looks and feels like I just threw money down the drain I have now installed AVG

@compcrazy and @ amazulu,

Please understand a virus and a trojan can sometimes be two very different things, usually a trojan is a detectable piece of malware that is found by antispyware programs.

However, a virus will not be found by SAS as it is not an antivirus product.

Amazulu, if you had no AV on your system until now then that is why SAS did not detect the virus. (It is not an Antivirus program).

$500 really? Either it is very very expensive where you're from or sadly they have conned you on the price.