Sign in to follow this  
jwixson

what do i need?

I run SASpro automatically, full scan, every night.  usually it reports clean.

on a hunch I ran malwarebytes antimalware - and got ninety-two baddies - memory, registry and file hacks!  (removed, of course.  report available on request).

here I have been sitting, fat, dumb and happy, in foolish confidence that SAS is automatically protecting me.  But I began to see slower and slower response, until finally I suspected that SAS maybe only keeps out spies (but, as I discovered, not even all of them!).

So I come again and again to the question: what testing is enough?  (Is any?)

How do we protect ourselves in the sea of malware we swim in? Is there ANY product - or combination of products - which will actually keep this stuff out?  (Has anyone ever succeeded?)

It would help, of course, if I could ask SuperAntiSpyware, but they don't want to talk to customers.

too bad for us saps.

Hi,

You have Malware taken care of, but SAS won't get virus protection which is important. I am using Norton Internet Security right now,but am thinking about switching to something else because price has gone up to 79 a year. Avast, MSE, and others have free anti virus. I am on trial for SAS now, and so far, real good, found a lot of adware on first scan. I like the real time protection. I tried Malwarebytes trial, then when it went to free, it never found anything, it was always finding stuff on full use. This looks like it does more,but I don't know how to use everything yet, it fixes stuff, mbam did not do that.

But you need to get some virus protection.

Jim 

Was having problems with SAS, slowing computer ,so I uninstalled SAS  AND reinstalled it.

JIm