Sign in to follow this  
Cyberchief

Definition Updates

There hasn't been an definition update for two (2) consecutive days. I don't know what the problem may be but it's totally unsatisfactory for a paid subscription. Every since the company changed hands it has continually gone down hill. Before to long the only subscribers that you will have will be the people who purchased a Lifetime Subscription before you took over. Who would buy a program that is suppose to protect their machines and there has been a problem with definition updates from the start? Let's not mention Program Updates which have become nonexistant. Seems like the management would have come to the realization that this crew and it's menions don't have what it takes to provide the services that has been paid for by loyal persons who believed in this program. It has gathered momentium like a snow ball rolling down hill. Hopefully before to long the management will take a look at what is not getting done and may be they will have a solution to put this program back in the green. Most people have moved on to something else as you can tell by the recent post. The Forum has become a sounding board and nothing else. I remember when I first got excited about this program and recommended it to all of my computer friends, and now they all have moved on to something else. A company can't succeed when their product isn't competitive with others of the same calibur. Programs of less calibur have noted increases in sales, not because they have a better program but they consider the loyal people who invest and try to provide the best support possible. All you get here is excuses, lip service, and reasons why that or this isn't happening. It has gotten old and from the looks of the Forum post people don't complain any more they just use something else. Thanks for helping the competition sell millions of copies.

Did you ever think that there was nothing important to update ?

Did you ever think that there was nothing important to update ?

I agree, however it is unusual to go 2 days without an update.  Maybe a server problem?   

I was just thinking about that one !!  Wonder how may programs put out updates WITHOUT anything new just to make some poeple happy. I would rather wait for a GOOD update rather one that would screw up my machines and my mind in the process.

I agree that the absence of updates for 2 days (latest definitions) on a paid security software is quite long and unusual.

Adding the fact that it is not the first time this happens with SAS ...

We had an internal server issue and have been working to resolve it. There is a new definition release available now. Thank you for your concern.

Thank you for the reply; definitions were just automatically updated to the latest version.   :)

Definition updates to the Free version are still not working.  The only thing that does work is to use the SAS_ForceUpdate.exe that was provided (thank you).  But the built in updates are still broken.