BIG1RED9

Stuck - Need Help

Hello all.

I am trying to help a friend remotely who's computer is being affected by what seems to be WINANTIVIRUS, an unwanted program.

I have tried to have him run SuperAntiSpyware in windows, it hangs and will not run. It would seem Winantivirus closes access to the control panel and will not allow the computer to started in safe-mode.

After many hours of attempts to help him, I turn to you for help!!

Thank you

Don

Hello all.

I am trying to help a friend remotely who's computer is being affected by what seems to be WINANTIVIRUS, an unwanted program.

I have tried to have him run SuperAntiSpyware in windows, it hangs and will not run. It would seem Winantivirus closes access to the control panel and will not allow the computer to started in safe-mode.

After many hours of attempts to help him, I turn to you for help!!

Thank you

Don

What exactly is happening when he runs SUPERAntiSpyware? Is there an error? Have you had him boot to Safe Mode and run SUPERAntiSpyware?

In the case of trying to run it under windows, he selects scan your computer, complete scan, presses next and then nothing more takes place.

The computer will not boot into the safe mode (at least as of last night after having sat there for an hour - told him to let it try overnight - no report as of this morning) after pressing F8 and then selecting safe mode, nothing happens.

I saw no error message.

Thanks

Don

Hello all.

SORRY~~~~!!

The problem is WINANTISPYWARE Not WINANTIVIRUS

Could be a corrupt SAS download or some other form of malware is preventing the scan.

Try going to Start>Run>All Programs>SuperAntiSpyware>and choose the repair option. If that doesn't work, download SAS again, when installing choose the option to remove SAS. Now download it again and see if that helps.

BTW-Did you try to use SAS's "BootSafe" option? It's in the same folder as posted above.

FYI Nick

If it helps i have found most recent CWS/Delf infections have included components that blacklist SAS amongst other very potent tools.

The SAS icon appears in the traybar but when the main GUI is opened it immediately closes again.Ironically the infection has recently started using safe mode lock out :evil:

HTH:)

Ironically the infection has recently started using safe mode lock out :evil:

HTH:)

I haven't encountered it yet, but apparantly more and more malware is preventing a safe boot.

I tried the safe boot program and was able to get into safe mode. Once there, SAS would still not operate. I tried SpyBot and it was able to go through and remove many problems one that was identified as WINFIX.

After running SpyBot, I was able to run SAS and at the end attempted to allow it to reboot. Upon restarting, the computer went directly to the SafeMode. I attempted to press F8 to get into the boot options which I did. Once there I could not change any boot settings and it was required to do a forced shutdown to get out of the boot options.

Upon restarting I allowed it to go into SafeMode and tried to re-start Safe Boot to see if changing the option in Safe Boot would solve the problem. Safeboot will not start in the SafeMode, I get a windows installer link error message.

I am now stuck in SafeMode and have no idea if I have in fact killed the malware causing all this.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Don

I tried the safe boot program and was able to get into safe mode. Once there, SAS would still not operate. I tried SpyBot and it was able to go through and remove many problems one that was identified as WINFIX.

After running SpyBot, I was able to run SAS and at the end attempted to allow it to reboot. Upon restarting, the computer went directly to the SafeMode. I attempted to press F8 to get into the boot options which I did. Once there I could not change any boot settings and it was required to do a forced shutdown to get out of the boot options.

Upon restarting I allowed it to go into SafeMode and tried to re-start Safe Boot to see if changing the option in Safe Boot would solve the problem. Safeboot will not start in the SafeMode, I get a windows installer link error message.

I am now stuck in SafeMode and have no idea if I have in fact killed the malware causing all this.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Don

Don,

Go to your Program Files\SuperAntispyware folder and run the Bootsafe.exe from there.

Before reading your post...I opened the boot.ini file and modified it to kill the SafeMode. However it seems the problems created by the malware continues...the computer slow...popups etc. So it would seem that be it in the normal Windows operating mode or SafeMode, SAS has not yet solved the problem.

Open to ideas... shot of throwing it out the window.

Don

Hi Don

If you have'nt already i would recoomend submitting a support ticket>>>

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

*Leave a link to this topic as additional info.

They will probaly have you run their forensic tool to track down what is left active on the PC and subsequently update their database to nail the remaining malware.