Sign in to follow this  
BOBRGR

Glarysoft toolbar bho

My new PC, a refurb with no crapware, has become infected with glarysoft toolbar despite my never having installed software from glarysoft. I've cleaned the registry of all glary references but still new tabs in firefox and Palemoon [a firefox fork] open to the glarysoft search page. According to google searches this a gateway to spyware hell. I've found SAS great at removing crap others can't. I wish I could provide a sample but I can't find the source.

Thanks

I fixed the problem by going to about:config [pasted into search bar] then searching for glary it was set as default search right clicked modify then deleted the entries. This worked with both firefox and palemoon.

I still don't know where this bit of evil came from, but it would be nice if SAS ID'd the source.

You may want to give AdwCleaner from BleepingComputer a try.  It's removed a bunch of BHO's for me. And yes it would be helpful for SuperAntiSpyware to catch more BHO's. It would help if you could guess which recently installed program came with this bundled malware in order for the team to identify the malware.

Guest aleezysam

Could you develop a download to a flash, thumb drive for use on the 'FBI', 'Ransom Ware, etc.
similar to the 'Hitman Pro virus cleaner' ?

You many want to run a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Antimalware and with your current antivirus program. Also with AdwCleaner. You can also try using NOD32 Online scanner. You should also run full system scan on safe mode using MBAM, SAS, and with your current antivirus program.