Sign in to follow this  
airene

internet explorer hijacked by sweetpacks.com.

On May 24th I downloaded cyberlink13 trial.  I went on internet explorer a while later and I no longer had access, instead sweetpacks.com came up.  I deleted it from the program files, including 2 other unwanted files that accompanied sweetpacks.com. Unfortunately the hijacker was still in place.  Neither Norton or antispyware listed it as a threat . there are on-line programs that offer to get rid of sweetpacks but I feel that antispyware and Norton should have detected this virus and eliminated it. Any suggestions of how to get rid of sweetpacks.  thank you so much, airene(new member)

sweetpacks is not a virus, although it is a nuisance.

If it has been removed via the normal CP function then you may have to check your IE add-ons and search engines to remove the remnants.

Hello  airene.

If  you  have  removed  sweetpacks.com  as  you say, open  up  Control Panel  > General  and  check under 'Homepage'  if  sweetpacks.com  has hijacked  your  home  page, if  so delete  it  and  change it to  what you desire or  ''Use  Default'..........  you  may  have  to  do this  for  all  your  browsers  so  check:-P

Then  run  a Windows  Search  using  the  term 'sweetpacks.com' to  see  if  any remnants  remain.