DooGie

SAS version 5.6.1016 released

I just noticed the above version has been released although download page still shows v 5.6.1014.

Any changelog available?

It's really 5.6.1018 Pro version. Free version could be different, don't know.

sas free ans sas pro Are always the same version.currently is the 5.6.1016 although it is still not updated the web but the download is installed the new version

in this moment,version in manual dowmload is 5.6.1016.........

Yes I was wondering about that too.

Major Geeks has posted that 1018 has been released but their downloads only link to 1018. still I tried to avoid 3rd party downloads so wouldn't have installed it even if it was build 1018.

Any news on when the new build will be upped please moderators?

The Windows properties show 5.6.1016. On three of my machines the task bar icon shows 5.6.1018  Strange !!!

Yesterday install sas version 5.6.1016 and showed windows properties and in the program same version.Now, install sas and properties of the file is still 5.6.1016 but the program displays 5.6.1018 :?

The newest version is 5.6.1018. New versions are always first released for manual download only and then released into the internal updater at a later date. The change log also gets updated at a later date.

I have tried all the download links at your site and NONE of them have the version you say is the new one 5.6.0.1018. Same with Majorgeeks.com  and Freewarefiles.com. They both have the version 5.6.0.1016 inspite of what the download link states. If you know of the manual download link for the new version could you tell us where it is located on your site?

update from this site superantispyware.com and in program is 5.6.1018 installed 

Thanks for the heads up.

update from this site superantispyware.com and in program is 5.6.1018 installed 

I  state my original question again. Where on the site did you find the download link for the latest version. The screen shot was great but the question is still unanswered.

dowload https://www.superantispyware.com/download.html .version in windows propierties of file indication version 5.0.1016 but istalled version 5.6.1018

Wouldn't it have been jusat as easy to state this in your first post with the screen shots? It is par for the course for the developers to be short sighted and not correct this error or atleast own up to it? To error is human but not to own up is really dumb. This whole topic would not be needed if someone with some common sense had spoken up instead of playing along. Some people's kid's.....

The version on the installer EXE is part of an automated process that stamps itself with the version of SUPERAntiSpyware contained within.  We're looking into why that process is not stamping the installer correctly, but I have verified the files within the installer are correct.

As for the 1016 release, the quarantine system was changed slightly for our new centrally managed solution.  In one scenario, quarantining an item caused a crash - this was discovered after 1016 had been published, and was fixed with 1018.  The 1016/1018 release was just done to sync up the quarantine changes between SAS Free/SAS Pro and SAS CMS.  As SAS Customer Service mentioned earlier, we usually push out in-product application updates on a delayed schedule if there aren't any critical fixes or enhancements.  We have to squeeze in a couple cosmetic changes requested by our legal department this week, so it may be Monday before we put something in the update system (and it'll likely be 1020 or 1022).  We don't want to annoy our millions of users with 3 application updates in a week so we're trying to get it all done as a single update.

I hope that helps clarify the process better for those of you who are interested.

- Dave

How do i go from paid 5.6.1014 to 5.61018 without the manual download. Have tried updating thru "check updates", but SAS goes into three or four lines  "downloading update" before i get the "error" message. Using dialup. TIA

How do i go from paid 5.6.1014 to 5.61018 without the manual download. Have tried updating thru "check updates", but SAS goes into three or four lines  "downloading update" before i get the "error" message. Using dialup. TIA

You can't.The only way to upgrade is to download the full installer and you can install it above.There is no update yet internal.In addition there is a new version next week according to the previous post

The version on the installer EXE is part of an automated process that stamps itself with the version of SUPERAntiSpyware contained within.  We're looking into why that process is not stamping the installer correctly, but I have verified the files within the installer are correct.

As for the 1016 release, the quarantine system was changed slightly for our new centrally managed solution.  In one scenario, quarantining an item caused a crash - this was discovered after 1016 had been published, and was fixed with 1018.  The 1016/1018 release was just done to sync up the quarantine changes between SAS Free/SAS Pro and SAS CMS.  As SAS Customer Service mentioned earlier, we usually push out in-product application updates on a delayed schedule if there aren't any critical fixes or enhancements.  We have to squeeze in a couple cosmetic changes requested by our legal department this week, so it may be Monday before we put something in the update system (and it'll likely be 1020 or 1022).  We don't want to annoy our millions of users with 3 application updates in a week so we're trying to get it all done as a single update.

I hope that helps clarify the process better for those of you who are interested.

- Dave

Thanks for the explanation Dave, much appreciated.

- Dave

Thanks Dave.

I got my SAS Pro upgraded via UI this afternoon and it says 1020. It threw me off at the beginning, but this explains it all. Thanks again.

Oh ! I can see now that you have 1020 installer already at SAS site. Sorry.