Sign in to follow this  
jimbob833

BHO "I Want This"

I have recently seen strange popups in Chrome that I see are coming from an extension named "I Want This" which is enabled and dimmed with no way to delete it.  I do not want this and wanted to remove it.  I have been looking for an answer for a while and found Super Anti Spyware and hoped it would remove it.  I have now run both the Quick Scan and Complete Scan and SAS did not find this pest.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Hi jimbob833

Download this : DDS

Let it run, you will be presented with two text logs.

Please post the one called DDS so we can see what may be causing the problem.

Hi jim,

You need to remove the Babylon Toolbar from your browsers list of search engines and toolbar extensions.

Hi again,

I removed Babylon Toolbar, cleaned the registry, ran a complete scan using SAS, then ran DDS.com again.  "I Want This" did not go away.

The new DDS.txt file is attached along with a snapshot of the first three Google Chrome extensions that shows "I Want This" is enabled and is shown to be a "managed extension" which cannot be removed (the "Enabled" button is dimmed and cannot be deselected).  Further checking shows that only Chrome is infected and that "I Want This" does not impact FireFox or MS IE.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

post-26929-0-74086800-1366722490_thumb.jpg

dds.txt

Download Revo FREE version, open the program and find "I Want This" program highlight it and choose Uninstall at the top of the toolbar.

When asked which method you would like to use, choose Advanced follow the procedure to remove the program.

If the IWT programs uninstall program pops up and asks you to restart, select No and continue with the Revo uninstall to remove all Reg settings and hidden files on the system (if any, usually there will be with adware).

After the program has finished and you have deleted everything it finds, Restart your computer and check your Chrome extensions.

Ok. Look for anything in your installed programs list that is owned by a company called 215 apps.

Use Revo to delete that program.

If there is no 215 apps that you can see then post the Text log from the DDS scan.

(The text log is the second text file that gets created).

Ok I am a Noob and this is my first post

But the following tools will get rid of just about anything on your system and they are free

Macecraft Jv16 Powertools kite

Search Everything (get the beta)

Jv16 will uninstall software, but use EVERYTHING to get a list of all the items with "Babylon" or "Babylon"

Delete anything that is obvious, starting with folders (the list will update as you go)

THen use JV16 to find the remnants ( if any) via the software removal tool. Then, even if Jv16 found and removed something, search the registry for leftovers. Look carefully then let it make a backup

I get EVERYTHING out with this method, although I use Your Uninstaller rather than Revo first

I hope that helps