BrentNewland

Portable Technician version command line parameters?

I'm considering purchasing the Portable Technician version of SAS (or the professional one if it will do the same task) to use with other malware and virus scanners via scripts. I've read several posts about SAS getting command line switches (parameters) for scripted scanning, but have not found any documentation that this has been put in effect, and haven't found any switches for SAS.

I'm curious, specifically, if SAS has (or is planned to have in the near future) the following command line options:

Online Update (e.g. "sas.exe /onlineupdate") to tell SAS to do an update from the website before scanning

Offline Update (e.g. "sas.exe /offlineupdate=c:\path\to\sasdefinitions.exe") to tell SAS to use the updates from the specified sasdefinitions.exe (to run SAS on a system with no internet access without having to redownload SAS portable, because it may be on a CD, with the sasdefinitions.exe being loaded off a flash drive)

Scan type (e.g. "sas.exe /scan=quick" or "sas.exe /scan=complete") so I don't have to choose the scanning type each time I run it

Option to disable cookie scanning (e.g. "sas.exe /nocookies") because I'm concerned about malware only, not cookies

Log file path (e.g. "sas.exe /logfile=c:\path\to\logfile.txt") so that my scripts can retrieve and process the result logs

What to do with infected files (e.g. "sas.exe /removeinfected", "sas.exe /promptinfected", "sas.exe /loginfected") because I may want to have it remove whatever it finds, I may want it to ask me what to remove, or I may just want it to put them in the log file so my script can handle removing the file

Quarantine (e.g. "sas.exe /quarantine=c:\path\to\quarantine\folder\") to automatically move any files that get deleted to the specified folder

Path to scan (e.g. "sas.exe /scan=c:\path\to\folder\to\scan;c:\path\to\file\to\scan.exe;c:\path\to\another\folder" or "sas.exe /scan=c:\path\to\text\file\with\list\of\items\to\scan.txt") in case I want it to scan one or more specific items

/quick starts a quick scan
/complete starts a complete scan, if /quick is also specified, a complete scan will be executed (complete > quick).
/silent – this modifier will hide the UI, auto-remove critical threats (cookies/malware, not pups/adware) and terminate the application.  If no scan type is specified, a quick scan is assumed – you can’t have the tech edition with no UI and no scan, as it will just sit there doing nothing with no way to close it. Also to note; there is absolutely no feedback with this to indicate the scan is complete; if the /scanlog option is specified, the creation of the log would be a possible indicator, otherwise, the only way to know is if the SUPERAntiSpyware application is no longer running (program.com or program64.com).
/scanlog – this modifier will create “SUPERAntiSpyware_Scan.XML” in the system temp folder (%temp%) after the scan is complete.  It is a pseudo-XML version of our scan log that could be parsed by a 3rd party.
/clean – this modifier will auto-clean detected threats (cookies/malware, not pups/adware). This is only needed if /silent isn’t specified.
/techupdate – this will initiate a definition update in the tech edition launcher (requires a saved tech ID or one specified on the command line).
/techid=”tech id” – This allows the customer to specify their tech ID on the command line so they can initiate the definition update if they don’t have a previously saved tech ID.

I prefer to launch the portable app with these flags: /techupdate /techid="<purchase this>" /complete /scanlog /silent