Element7

Win32/Wapomi.E detected in Manual definitions.

Same here, started yesterday morning when I did my first update of the day.  So something happened between 6:00 p.m CST on 22 Mar and 8:00 a.m CST 23 Mar.

Wonder how long it will take SAS tech support to fix this?  Gonna be embarrassing if their code got infected...

Knowing support.com (aka lackofsupport.com), we're SOL until  Monday.  This isn't the first time they posted an update without even bothering to check it.

The really sad part is that according to my Norton log file, both yesterday and today's updates were/are both infected....It started with the early A.M. updated on Saturday morning and carried over into this morning's update....

So, appears it's been fixed.  Wonder if support.com will provide an explanation??  Bueller?  Bueller?

I downloaded the manual SASDEFINITIONS.EXE file again, updated my AVG and then launched the definitions and this time it worked without AVG detecting something. What was wrong? Was the file really infected before?

No problems now, but since I purchased licenses in bulk for resale, I just want some assurances that this won't happen again...Looking forward to your report.

Have to say this incident - and downloads for me were infected from 24-26 March - has caused me to lose close to all faith in SAS.

And the situation has not be help by the very slow response initially and then the lack of information thereafter.

Infections in the downloads were detected by Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2012/2013 and by MalwareBytes.

Wondering now why I paid out for the license for the Technician Edition and whether or not I should demand a refund.

Bob C

LOL, another week and still no reply from SAS...  I think that pretty much indicates it was an embarrassing human error.

I have no info for you and have not heard from the team so I cannot answer.