Sign in to follow this  
tsmith777

Real Time Protection

I have Real Time Protection enabled, however, everytime I start or restart my computer the icon does not appear in the task bar so I don't think SAS is starting, When I click the SAS Icon on my desktop the icon appears in the task  bar .. SuperAntiSpyhware does not appear anywhere  in msconfig or Ccleaner start up's. SAS seems to work fine except for this. Running win 7 with SAS version 5.6.1014 Pro.

Hi tsmith777 ,

If you Right Click your Task Bar and select Properties, Notification Area, Customize.

Does it show the SAS icon as :

Hide

Hide when Inactive

or Show ?

They will respond here but please be patient as they are very busy.

Incidentally, if you have set your notifications then you can receive an email letting you know someone has responded to your thread. :)

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click Preferences and make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" and "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" are enabled. 

Right-click the desktop icon, click Properties, go to Compatibility and make sure "Run this program as an administrator" is not checked.

Disregard the above post, run as administrator is not checked, Start SAS when windows starts is checked as well as SAS icon in system tray. i will now restart to see if it works

I sometimes have this problem at boot also, but SAS processes are running so I am being protected.  I simply close superantispyware.exe and then run SAS again from the start menu.  It's not really a fix but it works for me.