copakeman

sas free does not scan all my files

hi everyone. i am running win xp sp2 ver 2002 with all the lastest xp updates. i have kaspersky PURE 2.0 installed and running.

i had been having problems with a very slow startup time. i deleted a few of my startup programs including sas free, but the problem

was a bad dl and incomplete install of PURE 2.0, which has been corrected. i dl another sas free and installed it. i choose a custom scan of C:/,

sas only scans 4600+ files. my previous sas free copy scaned 47000+ files on that hard drive. i uninstaled sas freee, ran a registry

cleaner program and deleted all detected problems, deleted any file i could find associated with sas free and dl another copy of sas free.

i installed it and the custom scan still completes at 4600+ files.

i had purchased sas professional 2 years ago, but i deleted it in order to use kaspersky PURE 2.0. i did not have any computer problems after that until

approx 10 weeks ago.

i looked at prferences, i dont have any boxes checked that would make sas stop at 4600+ files.

can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong ? (i have not a happy computer user the past 10 weeks (lol))

ty for any replies.

c

Hi copakeman ,

i am running win xp sp2 ver 2002 with all the lastest xp updates

This is wrong. You should by now be running SP3.

i uninstaled sas freee, ran a registry

cleaner program and deleted all detected problems

What was the Reg cleaner you used ? Most are bad news for a healthy system.

i had purchased sas professional 2 years ago, but i deleted it in order to use kaspersky PURE 2.0.

Why did you uninstall it ? They are different programs and will run side by side compliantly.

What is the Program Version of your SAS ?

Can you post a pic of your scan results ?