MeDIeVaL

Got the real big problems...

Hi guys, I've got the real big prob here. I don't know which one causing the error, wether it's CCleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy or SUPERAntiSpyware but I really need help. Highlight this prob to Microsoft but recieved no reply. I've installed CCleaner yesterday then delete some registry key but my machine still goes well after the cleaning. The problems start when I've plays with some Search & Destroy and SUPERAntiSpyware setting. Now, everytime I've closed IE I'll getting a error msg then my Windows will automatically restarted. Then when Windows start I've getting msg from Spybot abouty changes I've made.

I've installed CCleaner yesterday then delete some registry key but my machine still goes well after the cleaning.

I'm no expert, so I offer these comments with some trepidation. But although I think Ccleaner is an excellent thing to have, I've never allowed it to clean the registry. It sounds as if you did. Did it ask you to make a backup? If so, have you tried restoring the backup?

Failing that, have you tried using System Restore, to a restore point set before all this happened?

I use CCleaner to, and i dont have any problems..

I also used CCleaner while i had Spybot S&D and i didnt have any problems with thoose either...

You can try and restore the Registry keys you removed if you chosed to backup the registry keys you removed.. or else system restore..

Hi guys, I've got the real big prob here. I don't know which one causing the error, wether it's CCleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy or SUPERAntiSpyware but I really need help. Highlight this prob to Microsoft but recieved no reply. I've installed CCleaner yesterday then delete some registry key but my machine still goes well after the cleaning. The problems start when I've plays with some Search & Destroy and SUPERAntiSpyware setting. Now, everytime I've closed IE I'll getting a error msg then my Windows will automatically restarted. Then when Windows start I've getting msg from Spybot abouty changes I've made.

I don't know what operating system you are using but I had a similar problem not that long ago after cleaning with Registry Mechanic on Vista, only when it kept rebooting, all started with IE crashes, I couldn't launch a program or access anything, (even safe mode), to do a restore, so had a lovely reformat job. :roll: Since getting back up and running and everything reinstalled and reconfigured I did do one clean and repair on the new installation but quickly restored it when IE started crashing again, (and have had no problems since). I have run another scan just to save the log, (no repairs made), I am still trying to pin point what repair caused it! I have used RM for years with no problems and for 4 months on Vista with no problems either until this happened, so you never know the moment.

I have taken the decision not to use a registry cleaner on Vista for the time being. I would rather do a 'planned' reformat once in a while than end up with one thrown at me against my will :x !

I am guessing Spybot S&D is giving you the warnings about changes because you have the 'Teatimer' feature enabled? This is a good feature but I wouldn't enable it unless you have a good understanding of the registry, it can be a bit confusing sometimes as to what you should be allowing and denying.

Even with registry cleaners you need to be careful about what you choose to fix and if you are not sure these programs are best avoided or make sure you always have a backup to restore, (providing you can access the system to restore a back-up :roll: ).

Alan D's suggestion of restoring the registry back-up or trying a system restore is the best route to take. Fingers crossed you get out of this 'pickle'.

I'm using XP Home Ed. My mistakes, I don't make a back up of what I've deleted. Now I can't used IE or my system will be automatically restarted caused by hardware/software drivers serious error. And my system will crash right after I start it if I've set SUPERAntiSpyware run at startup. I've uninstalled all the programs that I've believe cusing the error but still it give me negative result. Don't know what else I can do. Try ComboFix but I've got couple of my desktop icon being quarantine. A'one got an idea? :cry:

Don't know what else I can do.

You don't mention using System Restore, as I suggested. Have you tried it?

Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System Restore -> Restore my computer to an earlier time.

Then select a date just before these problems began, and restore to that point. (If you've never done this before, don't panic if it seems to be taking a while. Just let it get on with the job.)

By some reason I've unabled my system restore.

Do you have the OEM install disk for the operating system ?

If so boot from the install disk and select *repair XP* option to recover from you corrupted registry probs.

HTH:)