Sign in to follow this  
Max21

SuperAntiSpyware connect problems

msiexec.exe is the windows installer and drwtsn32.exe is drwatson XP debugger both are legit system files.

Unblock and authorize the sas.exe file and all should begin updating again.

I checked for some help on the Norton forums and they didn't seem to find any problems related to my Norton Antivirus.

Could it be due to malware that's causing problems for SAS?

I recently found a Trojan.Agent/Gen-Faker[desc] in a scan with SAS and it quarantined it, but I haven't found anything else. Could there be more trojans that all my software can't detect?

Also, could it be an issue with my firewall? (but there have been times when I've turned on my computer and there wasn't an error message for SAS, so personally I don't think it is a firewall problem)

Hi Max21 ,

What is the Full Path of the malware detected ?

(but there have been times when I've turned on my computer and there wasn't an error message for SAS, so personally I don't think it is a firewall problem)

That line is a little confusing, are you expecting an error message ?

C:\PROGRAM FILES\KODAK\KODAK EASYSHARE SOFTWARE\BIN\LOCESUIWIRLESS.DLL

Since the problem first started, I would get the error message every time I would turn on my computer, but there have been a few times where there is no message and SAS works fine, but it is back to the same problem again. I'm just confused as to why it would be not working one time, fine the next and back again.

I've noticed that when my modem only has the "Power" "Ethernet" and "DSL" lights "on" with no light on for the "Internet", when I turn on my computer i'm greeted with the SAS update application error message.

I've checked the Local Area Connection and there is a connection, it's just that I can't connect to the internet until I reset my modem.

(When all four lights on my modem are "on", I don't receive an error message when I turn on my computer.)

Do you use the Kodak device ? If so is it a camera or scanner etc ?

Does it use a wireless system to update/send/recieve ?

I do not believe it's more Malware on your system but to be on the safe side, download and Run this free version as a second opinion.

It's for a camera. I haven't used the program in a long time, and no, it's not wireless. I don't have anything wireless on my computer actually.

and I already have malwarebytes and it hasn't found anything. It never finds anything lol

Are you likely to use it in the future, bearing in mind XP will cease to be as of April 2014.

use my computer in the future or the Kodak program?

and This is actually the first time I'm hearing that about XP!

The Kodak program. :)

XP retires 08/04/2014 or to look at it another way 04/08/2014 (depending what part of the world you're in). :D

No, I probably won't use the Kodak program anymore. Should I uninstall it?

okay, will keeping XP after that date be a big issue?

Use the Free version of this Revo Uninstaller, run it in Advanced mode (always advanced mode) remove everything it finds. If the Kodak program wants to restart the computer select No.

Follow the instructions on the program and you'll be surprised at how much it removes.

Keeping XP is not the problem per-say, it's more down to the fact that there will be No Windows Updates after that time and 3rd party programs will stop being updated for XP so you will be limited in terms of Security and Use of 3rd party Programs. (no more drivers etc...)

okay,

and that reminds me, when I scanned with SAS and it found the Trojan, it had also found around 120 adware tracking cookies. SAS told me to reboot so it could remove the virus and when it restarted, the trojan was in the quarantine, but all those adware tracking cookies were gone. Were they automatically deleted or something? Because when I scanned using my other software, it didn't find that much adware.

okay, and yes it's the same version. I had a much older version when these problems started, I think it was 5.1 or something, but when I updated SAS to this new version, the problem was still there.

I've contacted SASCS for you they should be along to have a look to try and suss this problem out.

Okay,

and what can I do about the SAS Update application error message I keep on getting when I turn on my computer?