Sign in to follow this  
Buddahfan

Bitdefender AV Free - SAS Detects a Trojan Agent-Yoddos.Process

The Bitdefender file is AVCheck.exe. It is in their Install folder.

SAS quarantined the file, AVcheck.exe

I uploaded the file to Virus total and out of 44 AV scanners it came back clean except for SAS

I also uploaded AVcheck.exe to Jotti's Malware sight. Out of 19 scans two found AVcheck.exe to contain a trojan The other 17 showed "Found nothing"

ClamAV detected PUA.Win32.Packer.WinrarSfx

CPsecure detected Troj.Downloader.W32.Aphex.020

For now I have left the file in quarantine

I forgot to add.

I think the reason that SAS may detect "AVcheck.exe" as a Trojan is because as part of Bitdefender AV Free installation process it uninstalls another app. I am trying to get an answer from Bitdefender if this uninstallation of the app is intentional or not. Bitdefender AV Free may consider this other app as an AV app despite the fact that the uninstalled app is not advertised as an AV app.

The Bitdefender file is AVCheck.exe. It is in their Install folder.

SAS quarantined the file, AVcheck.exe

I uploaded the file to Virus total and out of 44 AV scanners it came back clean except for SAS

I also uploaded AVcheck.exe to Jotti's Malware sight. Out of 19 scans two found AVcheck.exe to contain a trojan The other 17 showed "Found nothing"

ClamAV detected PUA.Win32.Packer.WinrarSfx

CPsecure detected Troj.Downloader.W32.Aphex.020

For now I have left the file in quarantine

Upload the file to virustotal.com and see what the report looks like.

Again I see a user that doesn't set SAS to have exclusions. You need to set it to exclude your AV program folder and it's %appdata% folder as well as the quarantine location. If you do this those issues will never happen people !!!

I would also consider purchasing AV and my suggestion is Eset Nod32. Don't bother with the smart security version with a firewall as it simply confuses most users and hey... if you can't even setup basic exclusions to prevent AV/malware software from messing with each others installation files or quarantines then there is no way in hell you're skilled enough to understand how to create working rules for a personal firewall...

Upload the file to virustotal.com and see what the report looks like.

Again I see a user that doesn't set SAS to have exclusions. You need to set it to exclude your AV program folder and it's %appdata% folder as well as the quarantine location. If you do this those issues will never happen people !!!

I would also consider purchasing AV and my suggestion is Eset Nod32. Don't bother with the smart security version with a firewall as it simply confuses most users and hey... if you can't even setup basic exclusions to prevent AV/malware software from messing with each others installation files or quarantines then there is no way in hell you're skilled enough to understand how to create working rules for a personal firewall...

1. I did set the exclusion after I got the pop-up and before I made the post.

2. Eset can't hold a candle to Bitdefender period. Just check the Real World AV comparatives for August - Nov. Go to the summary You really should look into Bitdender

Your response and attitude stinks. In fact if I hadn't purchased a lifetime license of SAS a year or so ago I wouldn't use it. Not that it doesn't work but all the respoonses I have gotten from SAS support and at the forum over the years stink. Bad attitude, consdenscending.and not helpful