genegold

Frequent "too many activations" in Win 8

I've been using SAS Pro since 2008. A couple of weeks ago I installed Win 8 Pro x64 in a dual boot with Win 7 and since then I've gotten the "too many activations" message three times: once when starting up in Win 8; once when using the full Administrator account in Win 8, and then again today while using the Local/Admin account in Win 8 (where I regularly work). I don't know for sure if all that is the cause of these notices (and the need to reactivate repeatedly), but it sure seems like it. If so, perhaps it should be looked at. Admin rights in Win 8 work differently than in Win 7, and it's going to be common to have to go back and forth every so often.

What's apparently been happening is that some updates, such as today's, deactivates SAS Pro, even though it says "lifetime subscription active" up top. It also unchecks all the boxes in the lower left (real-time protection, etc.), even though the text at the top of that section also shows lifetime activation. Attempts to activate again get the "too many" message. Maybe it just needs reinstall, but I've now seen two kinds of problems in Win 8: 1) finding the real-time protection box unchecked, apparently after other updates; and 2) Microsoft has apparently set Windows Defender to turn off if another anti-malware app is running. Are the two interacting in some way, I don't know.

No idea how to make this work now.. I am told my key 'isn't valid' so they can't fix it.

Really? Not valid? Sounds like I was defrauded out of a product I purchased. Unfortunately others seem to have had this happen, and I am unsure how to fix it other than say charging back my credit card. But I have faith this can be resolved, and will give it a bit more time. I was ready to charge back Spyshelter, and they finally got it resolved. It appears a lot of these companies like to kill lifetime keys, or have some activation rubbish that invalidates licenses.

I will be VERY careful of where I do business from this point forward, and also inform others. For example I opened a thread at Wilderssecurity about this very issue, and that's a very popular place. Hopefully support can resolve this.

You will get a "too many activations" message if you don't transfer your license when changing computers or operating systems, upgrading hardware, or reformatting. Your reg. code will then need to be reset before it can be successfully activated on the "new" system, which will resolve the issue.

You will get a "too many activations" message if you don't transfer your license when changing computers or operating systems, upgrading hardware, or reformatting. Your reg. code will then need to be reset before it can be successfully activated on the "new" system, which will resolve the issue.

On my windows 8 pro upgrade test computer I am running the free version so I do not see this but I ave a client that has Malwarebytes pro, upgraded his computer to windows 8 and he did not loose his subscription, so maybe it is something that you code in Superantispyware and fix this?