Sign in to follow this  
bratdawg

Normal results for SAS?

In trying to keep my computers running at their best, I purchased the Pro version so I could schedule scans which run daily. I've noticed though at the office and on my home laptop that every day there are hundreds detected and supposedly removed daily. yesterday I ran a quick scan on my office computer and it found 301. Four hours later I ran a complete scan it found 299! Although the computer was only on for another hour and then shut down for the night, the Quick scan this morning found ANOTHER 300.

So what's the deal? Is this not cleaning them. I have XP pro at the office, but Windows 7 at home but even that one will find 150 or so every morning and it's only in use for the evening hours. Anyone have any insight, tips or suggestions? It seems like I'm constantly fighting a losing battle!

Thanks,

Steve

Cookies are text files that you get from basic web browsing and from some programs. Some cookies are re-created immediately upon deletion or on reboot. Each time you go to the same websites, you will get the same cookies. You can block cookies in your browser. In any case, they will not harm or slow your computer.

Thanks, I understand that I will always have cookies, but it seems lately that the number of them have been larger than usual. What does the real time protection do for me if it doesn't stop them from re-creating without me going the the web site?

Cookies are not blocked in real time because it would interfere with basic web browsing in addition to wasting system resources. If you do not want cookies, you can disable them in your browser. Real-time protection will prevent actual malware threats from infecting your system.