Polinator

Comp remains in safemode. Help!

I wanted to do a scan in save mode. So I used the menu item "safeboot without networking". I wonder why this item is availible, when apparently sasw needs internet access enabled, to come back to nomal mode.

There was no warning about that. Now I cannot boot my computer in normal mode anymore now. At least not unless somebody can tell me what I should do now. Another issue is in fact, the help files aswell can only be accessed by internet. Congrats realy well done!

Lucky me, I have another computer availible to send this message. Howewer, I need my computer for my work tomorrow. It's 45 min after midnight here, and I refuse to go to bed, before I know the solution for the problem.

Please help me!

Edit: problem is solved by help of Kaspersky forum.

start -> run -> msconfig -> tab boot.ini

For the benefit of others like me who might find themselves in a similar pickle, could you explain what you did after you selected the 'boot.ini' tab, please?

For the benefit of others like me who might find themselves in a similar pickle, could you explain what you did after you selected the 'boot.ini' tab, please?

Hi Alan D, see this thread for an easy way out of safemode, if you ever get stuck there using BootSafe.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?t=694

I haven't actually used the BootSafe function yet, personally I just tap F8 at start-up or a re-boot to enter safe mode when I am planning to scan from there and then reboot again to start normally when I'm finished. (Been doing it that way for years, hard to break the habit :wink: ).