abbydabs

SAS and Win 8

I downloaded and installed SAS and all went well. I updated the program then ran a full scan. It found 124 threats. I checkmarked them for removal and it said I had to reboot to complete the removal. The computer rebooted. I ran the scan again and it found the same 124 threats?? I tried removing them again but again the same thing. They aren't being removed. Does SAS not work with Win 8 ...yet? I'm using the preview version. I don't know if it's a 32 or 64 bit version as I don't know where to find that info in Win 8.

After my post here I tried Malwarebytes and was able to remove the threats. I wish I hadn't done that now but was afraid to keep using the computer with those 124 threatson it so I gave it a try. But after using the computer for just a few hours last night and running a scan this morning these 5 new threats have appeard and won't remove. It is a 64 bit Win 8. I'm not running an antivirus as I'm just taking Win 8 preview for a test ride. All I'm running is Firefox and Thundrbird.

I thought I included a screenshot of the scan results with my reply but I don't see it so I'm trying again..... Can't attach as there is an error message saying "The server returned an error during upload". Maybe I should try later?

Tried again to attach and got the same error message. Here is what the scan found and can't delete...........PUP.BabylonToolbar (2 items found)

PUP.bProtector (3 items found)

Use this free version to remove the toolbar and traces of it : http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Select Advanced Mode and remove everything it finds, if the babylon built in uninstaller asks to restart your machine, select no and continue with the revo process.

To post an image try : http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html use the "paste a link function within Jing" its easier.

Also you have about 30 mins to Edit your posts, you don't need to keep adding a new one.

I tried Revo, advanced mode, but it didn't list PUP.BabylonToolbar. So I tried a few cleaners. Ran CCleaner then ran a SAS scan but the two threats where still there and couldn't be removed. Then I ran Wise disk and registry cleaners and did a SAS scan with the same resutls. Then I ran the more aggressive Eusing registry cleaner and then an SAS scan. Eusing removed one of the two threats but SAS still couldn't remove the remaining item. There are no toolbars in either Firefox (addons) or IE browsers. Tried searching for it in the registry but nothing found. So that's where I'm at. There's no problem. The computer is working very well. As a matter of fact I think I'm going to like Win 8. This is the first time in years that SAS has given a problem. Maybe because it's a "preview" version?