nighthawkext

SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release 5.6 Download

We are proud to announce a new pre-release version of SUPERAntiSpyware that includes a dramatic reduction in memory usage.

Version 5.6 features a new detection database that is much more compact.

In some tests the memory usage was only 10% of the current version.

There have also been improvements to the load time.

Depending on machine speed we have seen the application load in as little as 15% of the current time.

Scanning times have also been improved in the new rule engine.

We welcome you to try this pre-release and let us know how it works for you on this forum.

Free Version:

cdn.superantispyware.com/prerelease/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

Click here to download

Pro Version:

cdn.superantispyware.com/prerelease/SUPERAntiSpywarePro.exe

Click here to download

Thanks for checking it out and letting us know!

Downloaded and installed (over the top of latest) version the Pro version and smokin no issues so far thanks guys ;)

This applies to Windows 7 SP1 x86 and x64 Professional with SAS PRO V5.6.1004.

This new version is not updating the core and trace definitions.

It shows core at 9282 and trace at 7094 on 09/26/12

As of 12:10 a.m. eastern time USA, the latest core definitions are 9292 and trace definitions are 7104.

SAS PRO says the definitions are up-to-date when an update is initiated. Downloading the manual core/trace definitions does not update to the latest either.

No error messages are displayed or logged.

This applies to Windows 7 SP1 x86 and x64 Professional with SAS PRO V5.6.1004,

V5.6 is scanning some 23,000+ LESS registry keys than V5.5. Turning off Direct Access on the registry does not change anything. This registry discrepancy applies to both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 SP1; however, on 32-bit the discrepancy is somewhat lower.

On Windows 7 SP1 x64 Professional: SAS Pro V5.6.1004 Complete Scan.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 09/26/2012 at 00:32 AM

Application Version : 5.6.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 9282

Trace Rules Database Version: 7094

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:26:51

Operating System Information

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)

UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned : 623

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 43929

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 52492

File threats detected : 0

On Windows 7 SP1 x64 Professional: SAS Pro V5.5.1022 Complete Scan.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 09/26/2012 at 01:10 AM

Application Version : 5.5.1022

Core Rules Database Version : 9292

Trace Rules Database Version: 7104

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:34:22

Operating System Information

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)

UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned : 624

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 67061

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 52514

File threats detected : 0

Also note the update issue for core/trace files as per my previous post.

I also use Windows 7 Pro x64 and I have been trying to update version 5.6.1004 to the latest definition update. I am told the definition is up to date. The program shows Core 9282 and Trace 7094. I have manually download and update with the most current definition update Core 9293 and Core 7105. I downloaded the update mentioned previously and after the update the Core and Trace remain the same. Is anyone looking for a reason the pre-release program refuses to update? I use Windows 7 Pro x64 w/SP1 and 12 GB of menory and an HD 5670 Amd video card. I haven't noticed any improvement in scanning times or faster loading processes. I compared a log from the previous version and they were identical in scanning times and items scanned. I fail to see any improvement in this new version. Didn't notice the reduction im memory useage or other items stated in the description of the newest version. I await your reply...........

Downloaded SASPro and installed on WinVista SP 2 with NO problems.. SASPro update requested uninstall of previous version, allowed, and the rest is a piece of cake.. Thanks guys - good job! 8)

screenhunter02sep261104.gif ~ ~ screenhunter01sep261100.gif

Steve

Thank you all for installing and testing the pre-release.

We apologize for the lack of definition updates. You will begin seeing the definitions update today.

@Siliconman - I will look into the reason that fewer registry items were scanned. No changes were made that should affect the number of items scanned.

@Cyberchief - Previous versions of SAS were using much more memory during startup and rule set updates. This version is much lighter on memory. It should use around 58M at startup and scanning should never top 80M. You may not be noticing an increase in scan speed because you're machine is already powerful and is just being slowed down by hard drive read time.

Just downloaded and installed newest version 5.6.0.1004 and it completed the install and did the update automatically at 3:58PM CST. So for now all is well on the software front, thanks for the speedy assist on the new version. Will check memory useage as time goes by. Thanks again.....

Thank you. Version 5.5 never has found anything on Win8 x64 RTM Enterprise TRIAL. Would that be to be expected?

Thanks again.

I would have expected it to at least find some cookies if you navigated anywhere on the web. Try going to cnn.com or wsj.com. The ads from those sites usually generate cookie detections.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Don

Just downloaded and installed newest version 5.6.0.1004 and it completed the install and did the update automatically at 3:58PM CST. So for now all is well on the software front, thanks for the speedy assist on the new version. Will check memory useage as time goes by. Thanks again.....

Just tried to update the definition to the most recent Core 9298 and Trace 7110. The update said it was current (Core 9297 Trace 7109) even with a new one to use the program said the previous definition was current. Is there a problem with the definition or is it the program? One minute it works and the next it doesn't. I will wait to see what the outcome will be, this new version is the only one in a very long time that doesn't work from the start. Looks like my excitement was very short lived....

Just tried to update the definition to the most recent Core 9298 and Trace 7110. The update said it was current (Core 9297 Trace 7109) even with a new one to use the program said the previous definition was current. Is there a problem with the definition or is it the program? One minute it works and the next it doesn't. I will wait to see what the outcome will be, this new version is the only one in a very long time that doesn't work from the start. Looks like my excitement was very short lived....

Just tried to use the most recent definition Core 9299 Trace 7110 and the update process failed AGAIN, I'm going to go back to the previous version because this one really blows. Even if you download the most current definition the program says it's updated, NOT. Your programmers have got a long way to go to compete with other programs of this nature.

Just tried to use the most recent definition Core 9299 Trace 7110 and the update process failed AGAIN, I'm going to go back to the previous version because this one really blows. Even if you download the most current definition the program says it's updated, NOT. Your programmers have got a long way to go to compete with other programs of this nature.

What do you mean by "Failed"? Did it crash, or just not say there was a new update?

This pre-release features a new definition file type. As such, we are not updating it every time the current shipping version is updated.

We are attempting to update it a couple of times a day to ensure that it is close to the release version.

We apologize if this is an inconvenience. Once this version is out of pre-release, it will be updating as frequently as the current release version.

The manual definition updater currently works with the release version. The updater will work with this version when we release it.

Your input is appreciated. We are working hard to make SAS the best scanner on the market. This new rule system is a large step in the right direction, we feel.

What do you mean by "Failed"? Did it crash, or just not say there was a new update?

This pre-release features a new definition file type. As such, we are not updating it every time the current shipping version is updated.

We are attempting to update it a couple of times a day to ensure that it is close to the release version.

We apologize if this is an inconvenience. Once this version is out of pre-release, it will be updating as frequently as the current release version.

The manual definition updater currently works with the release version. The updater will work with this version when we release it.

Your input is appreciated. We are working hard to make SAS the best scanner on the market. This new rule system is a large step in the right direction, we feel.

When I said it failed it did the update just like the previous version but it did not change the Core or Trace. If you try and manually download the updated definition the program does not accept the update. After the update finishes the program says it's updated That's what I mean about failed.Why is it not possible to update manually? There has to be a glitch in the software to not let it update manually? I will just wait until it's released before I try the updated the program again. It is also strange the program won't accept a manual update, piss poor programming. If the program is set to not update everytime there is a new definition what good is it?

When I said it failed it did the update just like the previous version but it did not change the Core or Trace. If you try and manually download the updated definition the program does not accept the update. After the update finishes the program says it's updated That's what I mean about failed.Why is it not possible to update manually? There has to be a glitch in the software to not let it update manually? I will just wait until it's released before I try the updated the program again. It is also strange the program won't accept a manual update, piss poor programming. If the program is set to not update everytime there is a new definition what good is it?

This is a pre-release that uses an entirely new definition system. All of our tools are still being used to support the currently shipping version of SAS that uses the previous definition system. This will all be resolved when we ship this version. The manual update does not work with this rule set version because the manual updater is still supporting the shipping version of SAS. I appreciate you testing this pre-release and will look into the version of the rule set not updating when the application completed the update. I have not been able to reproduce that as of yet.

Thanks

Don

Updated defs and is a little off with the web page showing most recent

web page says:

Core Definitions 9307 09/27/2012 05:15PM PDT

Trace Definitions 7119

New version installed says:

Free pre-release version is now updating to :

Core : 9312

Trace : 7124

Still a little off from the main page which is showing :

Core : 9313