Sign in to follow this  
robinb9

On reboot, Superantispyware doesn't load since last update

On a bunch of my client computers after installing version 5.5.1016, superantipsware does not show the bug in the right hand corner once it tells you to reboot. I had to go on 10 computers and reboot their machine again, then it showed (including one of my own)

I am really getting tired of this

robin

Could you please give me the details of the problem? Did they do a scan and then the computer didn't reboot when they asked it to? Why did you have to reboot their machines?

Thanks

Don

Since the same update, I had to uninstall SAS off of 2 computers. After the update, nothing, Click SAS icon, then they clicked the bug, but SAS would never start, then the computers froze. I uninstalled SAS on both. The PCs ran great, then I installed it on one and the same thing happened. So they just wanted it off. Any ideas guys ??

Could you please give me the details of the problem? Did they do a scan and then the computer didn't reboot when they asked it to? Why did you have to reboot their machines?

Thanks

Don

after this last upgrade on all machines it asks for you to reboot.

When you reboot the bug does not show up in the right hand corner of the taskbar

I tried double clicking the icon on the desktop but it will not open

I had to reboot the computer for it to show up

On 2 other machines after a reboot, it did exactly like Claw on 4 other client computers. I had to uninstall using your uninstaller then reinstall and that worked for them.

robin

Even after reinstalling I still couldn't get it to work robin, all it did was freeze the PC.

Even after reinstalling I still couldn't get it to work robin, all it did was freeze the PC.

Actually later today another client called and told me her computer kept freezing up right after she did the superantispyware upgrade. I went to her office to see what was going on. I was able to uninstall Superantispyware Pro and now the computer is working just fine. I told her to wait a few days to see how the computer is doing before i decide to put it back on.

I do not want to go through what you went through, Claw

robin

Robin, the deal is that I use SAS Free and I got the new product update and all went through just fine, and so far I don't have a problem, but these others were terrible.

I want everyone here to understand,, I think SAS is one of the finest products out there, that is the main reason I joined this forum,, like I said, I use it, always have, and I would most definitely recommend it. I just want to know what could be the problem with this. Just looking for answers my buddies.

Robin - I have been unable to reproduce any of the symptoms mentioned. I am working to find a solution to this problem but need some more information. Are all of the affected machines SAS Pro?

Claw - I see you use SAS Free. I just want to verify that you saw this problem occur with SAS Free Edition?

Are these machines low on memory?

Thanks

Don

Hey Don, strange thing about this is the 2 machines are 1gb Ram each, but my wife has an old Windows 98 that was upgraded to Windows XP, and it only has 512 mbs of Ram and has no issues at all with SAS, it updated and is running great. Yes, all are using (used) SAS Free.

Robin - I have been unable to reproduce any of the symptoms mentioned. I am working to find a solution to this problem but need some more information. Are all of the affected machines SAS Pro?

Claw - I see you use SAS Free. I just want to verify that you saw this problem occur with SAS Free Edition?

Are these machines low on memory?

Thanks

Don

All using SAS Pro

None of them low on memory

All using either Windows 7 Pro sp1 or Windows 7 Home Premium sp1

robnin