Sign in to follow this  
blkhrs7

Unsure of what to do with scan showing Trojan.Agent/Gen-Kryptic

I did a full scan this morning and it showed I was infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-Kryptic. It listed 212 files infected, however it appears many of these files are things I don't want to remove or might damage programs if I do remove them (such as Handbrake, Google Chrome, Apple software updater, CC Cleaner, etc and others I'm not sure of).

How do I fix the problem without damaging programs?

Btw, this is the first time I've ever posted about virus removal, so I'm not sure if I should include the scan report here or even how to include it in it's original format.

Thanks

I'm no expert but had the same problem today though with fewer files 'infected'. Apparently there is an issue with a particular update. Update SAS to the latest version. Right mouse click the System Tray icon, update, and run another scan.

Even if you happen to let SAS remove (quarantine) those files they are still accessible and can be placed back. I didn't quarantine mine since I could see that most of the files were not suspicious.

There have been several postings here regarding solutions ... just update to the latest version and you should be good.